Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 05:53 PM

70 posts, read 222,101 times

Advertisements

We just moved to WPB from out of state and the school decisions are a bit overwhelming! Our 5 year old will be starting kindergarten this fall. We are trying to decide between South Olive Elementary and Meyer Academy, but then someone suggested we try the Weiss School. I found very diverse opinions about Weiss online. Any thoughts on these schools? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times
I've heard great things about the gifted program at South Olive. . . their former principal is at Palm Beach Public School now and she even recommended South Olive. But I don't know anyone with kids there.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who went to the Weiss School and had nothing good to say about it, but who knows. . . If I lived nearby I would definitely look into it.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,839 times
Just wondering where you decided - Weiss or Meyer? My daughter went to Meyer from K to 8th grade and it was the best decision I ever made - she received an exceptional education and is now in a pre-med magnet high school.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 PM

70 posts, read 222,101 times
We ended up going with Meyer and we have had a great experience so far! The teachers are excellent and I am amazed by what she has already learned. I went to visit both schools before deciding and while Weiss wasn't horrible, Meyer seemed a LOT more organized, the staff more qualified, and Meyer seemed to have a much stronger curriculum... The school has a great community and the parents are very friendly. I'm not sure what will happen after 8th grade...

Old 11-27-2010, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,257 times
My children currently attend The Weiss School. They are flourishing! It depends on what type of environment you want for your children. I have friends whose children attend Meyer. If you are looking for the religious aspect, then Meyer is definitely the way to go. If you are looking for a school to meet the needs of your child who needs gifted services then Weiss should be your choice.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,975 times
i got to meyer and they give al ot of homework,the teachers are strict but overall its a good sschool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach