U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM

43 posts, read 108,454 times

Advertisements

Gay Friendly means areas that are safe for Gay people to live in.
This is not a perfect world and their are some areas that Gay Couple should avoid.

Living in an area where other Gay Couples live gives you a very secure feeling.

If only all things were equal, maybe we could be treated like everyone else and it would not matter. Maybe someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
What the heck is "gay friendly"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 AM

3,188 posts, read 7,496,716 times
That is sad I agree. The world would be a better place if people did not judge and just focused on themselves with less opinions on others.
Where will you be working or is that unknown? Just wondering cause I would think that would have some say in where to live. I was in WP the other day and it seems more diverse then my current Boca living. I would think more major areas like WP,Ft Lauderdale,Miami people are open to more. I hope you find a place you feel comfortable in.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 AM

593 posts, read 1,819,476 times
I think it is different for women, but I haven't run into any trouble in South Florida for some time. I used to run into all sorts of trouble in Boca when I was a teen/early 20s, but that was forever ago.

Downtown Lake Worth is full of same sex couples as is Wilton Manors and Miami Beach, but WM has a preponderance of men (really just the New Moon for women), whereas the female scene is good in Lake Worth with all sorts of female couples around and a few meeting spots for women. And, as I mentioned, the beach area seems very tolerant, even in the redneck riviera where I live now

here's the link to the community center for the palm beaches, in lake worth, perhaps people there would have more specific information for you

http://www.compassglcc.com/contact.html (broken link)

Last edited by bocamom; 08-08-2009 at 12:07 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,867 times
Hello, I have lived in southeats florida for 40 years and I'm also gay and in a relationship for 18 years. I'm also a Realtor. Bigstock is actually one of my business names (Big Stock Parts) I repair circuit Boards. My real name is Phil.
If you would like more info, please contact back. We live in Deerfield Beach. Beautiful weather not too much city traffic.
Phil

Old 11-14-2009, 12:25 PM

98 posts, read 462,292 times
I'll add another mention for Lake Worth. Significant gay population and Pridefest every April. The downtown area is very diverse and vibrant, and most of the people who live in the neighborhoods are very tolerant, if not downright supportive, of "alternative lifestyles".

-Paul

Old 12-16-2009, 12:38 PM

30 posts, read 126,450 times
Default I would avoid Palm Beach

Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are much more gay friendly. They both have domestic partner rights but I dont know that Palm beach does.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM

17,288 posts, read 28,299,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxHopeful1xx View Post
Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are much more gay friendly. They both have domestic partner rights but I dont know that Palm beach does.
West Palm Beach has domestic partner registry.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,177 times
Default Looking for LGBT friendly neighborhood in West Palm. Any newer info?

Looking for a LGBTQ friendly neighborhood in the West Palm area. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex222 View Post
Gay couple moving from VA looking for gay friendly neighborhoods in Palm Beach Co. We would consider other area's if suggested. $180- 225,000.00.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,175 times
Here's something that might be interesting:
[url=http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3320-Sherwood-Blvd-Delray-Beach-FL-33445/46760153_zpid/]3320 Sherwood Blvd, Delray Beach, FL 33445 is For Sale | Zillow[/url]

It's at a midpoint between PBI and FLL with easy access to I-95. Delray Beach is also a nice city to call home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach