Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:14 PM

594 posts, read 1,199,666 times

Advertisements

What's the best, cleanest and nicest beach in Palm Beach county?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 12:51 PM

162 posts, read 679,300 times
I love the beaches in Jupiter. Ample parking, generally dog friendly and clean. They take a beating during the fall and winter though, not much sand left in certain areas.

Delray Beach is a close second, as is Gulfstream Park. I think the only beach I don't care for is Ocean Inlet Park in Boynton. Too close to the inlet, and when the tide is running out you're essentially swimming in mucky intracoastal water...

Old 08-06-2009, 01:15 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,630,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native51 View Post
I love the beaches in Jupiter. Ample parking, generally dog friendly and clean. They take a beating during the fall and winter though, not much sand left in certain areas.

Delray Beach is a close second, as is Gulfstream Park. I think the only beach I don't care for is Ocean Inlet Park in Boynton. Too close to the inlet, and when the tide is running out you're essentially swimming in mucky intracoastal water...
Your like is someone's dislike. I dislike Juno beach exactly because of the dogs. I have two myself but I would not take them to the beach - in my humble opinion they don't have to tail me everywhere and be in my pocket all the time, but that's just me.

My complaint is 1) irresponsible dog owners who treat the beach as if it was a dog park and let their dogs run around EVERYWHERE, including over me and my towels, they pee right next to you and a lot of them will have running diarrhea all over too since they are in the ocean constantly drinking the saltwater and 2) the fact that no matter where I lie down it feels unsanitary because I know someone's dog probably took a dump or peed where I am trying to tan.

They should just cordon off a portion of the beach and people can have their run at it with their dogs. The beach should not be a dog park.

My two cents.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
Your like is someone's dislike. I dislike Juno beach exactly because of the dogs.
Juno is a 'No Dog' beach. There is an arrogant local who walks
a dog on the beach occasionally early in the morning and before
dark, but I dont think Ive ever seen another dog on the beach in
Juno. I dont know where it starts becoming Jupiter, but from
Juno A1A to the Pier(?), is No-Dog.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Juno is a 'No Dog' beach. There is an arrogant local who walks
a dog on the beach occasionally early in the morning and before
dark, but I dont think Ive ever seen another dog on the beach in
Juno. I dont know where it starts becoming Jupiter, but from
Juno A1A to the Pier(?), is No-Dog.
Really?? Nice! What public access is there before the Pier? Pier to the Jupiter Beach Resort is dog-beach, that I am certain of. I stopped a cop on the beach the other day and asked about whether the dogs should be leashed or not. He told me that they do not have to be leashed if they are under "voice command". Now, "voice command" means different things to different people but usually it ends up being someone screaming for Jake on top of their lungs while Jake is peeing next to someone's towel. To me it is a miracle that more incidents don't happen at the beach because there are so many loose dogs.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:09 PM

10 posts, read 81,871 times
My votes:

For snorkeling - Coral Cove Park in Tequesta

For general beach - Carlin Park in Jupiter.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,395 times
Quote:
Really?? Nice! What public access is there before the Pier? Pier to the Jupiter Beach Resort is dog-beach, that I am certain of.
I checked it again........It's definitely posted "No Animals" at
all public entrances. The only public entrance to Juno beach
that you dont have to walk a little to is the circle in back of the
police station. It fills up by around 10:30 on the weekends though...
There is another little park on Celestial and A1A that you can park
at too, 5 minute walk. I guess past the pier is Jupiter. I dont go
down that far on foot so Im not sure.
They are very serious about turtle preservation in Juno and having
fido digging and tearing up eggs wouldnt be tolerated

Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 PM

41 posts, read 177,535 times
Quote:
Your like is someone's dislike. I dislike Juno beach exactly because of the dogs. I have two myself but I would not take them to the beach - in my humble opinion they don't have to tail me everywhere and be in my pocket all the time, but that's just me.

My complaint is 1) irresponsible dog owners who treat the beach as if it was a dog park and let their dogs run around EVERYWHERE, including over me and my towels, they pee right next to you and a lot of them will have running diarrhea all over too since they are in the ocean constantly drinking the saltwater and 2) the fact that no matter where I lie down it feels unsanitary because I know someone's dog probably took a dump or peed where I am trying to tan.

They should just cordon off a portion of the beach and people can have their run at it with their dogs. The beach should not be a dog park.

My two cents.
WOW!!!!!!!
You need to chill out, big time
Remember, animals have a very keen sense of smell and vibe. I guess dogs are attracted to you by this negative karma and odor that your body is releasing and the dogs are just trying to get down to your level by pissing and ****ting on your towel. They also can smell that strong tanning oil that you use and they might be offended by it's odor(could be getting in the way of their 'heat trails' as they search for their mate). Worse even they could be mistaking you for the mate and when they get close they become disoriented and dissapointed, therefore crapping within your space.

Your best bet OGNEND is to stay as far from the beach as possible!
ps: I feel sorry for your dogs

Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfalot View Post
WOW!!!!!!!
You need to chill out, big time
Remember, animals have a very keen sense of smell and vibe. I guess dogs are attracted to you by this negative karma and odor that your body is releasing and the dogs are just trying to get down to your level by pissing and ****ting on your towel. They also can smell that strong tanning oil that you use and they might be offended by it's odor(could be getting in the way of their 'heat trails' as they search for their mate). Worse even they could be mistaking you for the mate and when they get close they become disoriented and dissapointed, therefore crapping within your space.

Your best bet OGNEND is to stay as far from the beach as possible!
ps: I feel sorry for your dogs
Stick to the topic please and don't worry about my dogs. They are happy on the 1.5 acres we live on, running every day, being fed and having A/C when it is 100 degrees outside. My dogs have never run away, never bothered anyone - they are just dogs. It may come as a surprise to you but not all of us take our dogs to Publix, beach, work, dining etc. It may also come as a surprise to you that they are not allowed in our beds, onto our couches etc. Call me crazy but I don't sleep in my dog's bed - why would he sleep in mine?

The question was what beaches were good and I presented the facts as I see them - the person asking the question might agree with me or they might walk away thinking "great, I can bring my dog with me!".

In my world dogs are dogs and there is a place for them, just like there are places for horses, cats, pigs etc. You don't see me riding my horse on the beach do you (BTW I have a horse too and he is happy, fed, well taken care of but no, I don't take him to Jupiter Beach)? Why not, I mean, he is my pet and I would chose his friendship over yours anytime! But that doesn't mean I will start sleeping in the stalls or he will start sleeping in my house...

By the way, what makes the dogs so special to you and the county government? Why are cats, rats, hamsters, pigs and horses not allowed on the beaches as well? Don't they all (as animals) have the right to be there and be in your face? I bet my horse would love to put some manure on your towel...

Old 08-06-2009, 09:52 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,719 times
ognend -- bravo !!! Yes dogs are dogs -- I think its getting out of hand, I won't stay in a motel/hotel when I travel if they allow pets. Some pet owners are so obsessed they even let their pets sleep in their bed !!! Well, I don't EVER want to sleep in that bed !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach