Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:18 PM

3 posts, read 32,081 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move to Palm Beach County in the near future I am 45 and my husband 50 (very young). We live in Warren Township New Jersey, very close to major highways,shopping and restaurants. We have friends that moved to Frenchmans Creek in Palm Beach County and they love the area. I have spoken to various realtors with different views of the area. Some like Delray Beach others don't, Some like Jupiter others say its to old, Some say that Gated communies in WPB are very nice.

I am so confused. Can anyone share some info on the best area to buy in a gated/country club community. I would like an area that as soon as I drove away from the gate it was also a nice drive.

Please let me know if you live in Palm Beach Gardens or any other gated community. I need HELP.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,398 times
50 is very young? or were u being sarcastic?

Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 PM

Of course 50 is young. I am looking to buy in a young area.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:45 PM

50 is young if u go to a nursing home maybe but theres tons of young people in their 20s and 30s living all over south florida. jupiter, palm beach gardens are very, very nice. a bit ritzy, snobby so u have to be careful. i would not live any further south than palm beach gardens. its just getting too crazy, overcrowded and non english speaking the further south u go. start around pga blvd in PBG and look nothward from there. homes prices in these areas are still way too overpriced and will crash over the next few years

Old 04-30-2007, 08:31 PM

38 posts, read 162,482 times
"50 is young if u go to a nursing home"

Thanks...I feel so much better about myself now...

Old 04-30-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsista1 View Post
"50 is young if u go to a nursing home"

Thanks...I feel so much better about myself now...
sorry...but people used to think south florida was all 80 yr olds and that 50 was young here compared to the rest of the population but its not that way anymore. its a young place with tons of younger families and singles everywhere. 50 is certainly not considered a young person here, it probably was considered to be young here 20 yrs ago though.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
You don't find many 50 year olds who can make the raft or inner tube trip to Miami anymore.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:14 AM

38 posts, read 138,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
sorry...but people used to think south florida was all 80 yr olds and that 50 was young here compared to the rest of the population but its not that way anymore. its a young place with tons of younger families and singles everywhere. 50 is certainly not considered a young person here, it probably was considered to be young here 20 yrs ago though.
Either way, the manner in which you stated this fact was very rude. They are a n active ,middle-aged couple that want to live in a nice area close to their friends. I don't think they need you to be the age police.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Isabela, I lived in jupiter for four years. There are plenty of gated communities in Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens! Which ones are you interested in? They're all reeeeallly nice and reeeealllly expensive, lol:

Frenchman's Creek
Frenchman's Reserve
Jonathon's Landing
Evergreene
Mirasol
Ritz Carlton
Ballen Isles
Admiral's Cove

Just to name a FEW!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Palm beach gardens??????

My age was mentioned as a reference to looking in an area that would be mixed in age. I am very proud of my age, health and the way I look. I do not need to hear rude comments. All I wanted was info on nice people that may want to share info on Palm Beach Gardens.

I am interested in Mirasol, San Michele, IBIS and Frenchman's Reserve. Please advise.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach