Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times

Advertisements

I know I have already gotten some suggestions and they have been so helpful but could use a little more if anyone can help. I am in Boca right now. It is a nice country club community but have to move at the end of the month. Anyhow I am from MI so am not familiar with FL. I rented for a very short time in Wellington so was looking there as well. I work from home and am 31 though I don't mind older as where I am is. I like very quiet,clean,and safe. I am not into a party lifestyle and really just like restaurants and shopping near. I don't want to be on a main road though or near trains,planes or in a downtown cause like I said I am so noise sensitive. I am looking for a 2 bedroom but if I found something I liked I would do a 1. So other areas suggested here Boynton,Delray,PBG,Jupiter,and also just from passing by I started to look at Deerfield Beach. I have been around Boca too looking. I had 2 bad experiences with a realtor though I did go in Boca yesterday with one cause I saw some properties I wanted to view which I disliked. I have been looking at more condos but a nice apartment would be ok too. Gosh reading this back I sound like a stick in the mud. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
You might like the developments out on Western PGA Blvd... check out San Merano at Mirasol.... ask for a unit at the back of the development, which is furthest away from roads, or PGA National. Several apartment complexes to choose from.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
Midtown on PGA in the Gardens would be good. Back off of PGA so it's quiet, but still in walking distance to many restaurants. Nice and new with a kind of young professional vibe to it. If you decide you like it and want to buy they are for sale too.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:09 PM

6 posts, read 17,552 times
Hi Daniella! I have been living in Coconut Creek for about 6 months now, (just south of Boca) and really love it here. I'm actually bordering Deerfield Beach. It is everything that you have described that you're looking for. I too, am new to South Florida. I moved from Georgia, which is where most all of my friends and family are, with the exception of my dad who's in Daytona Beach. I was looking for a quiet, clean, low crime area with excellent schools. This area seemed like it fit what I was looking for. My boys and I have really been happy living here. The only problem is that we moved from a house to an apartment, and although it's a nice gated community, it has been an adjustment. So, when my lease is up we will look for a house but we will definitely stay in this area. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer anything that I can!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:07 AM

Thank you all so much for your help. I have very bad luck in rentals aka why I am moving.
Sky I almost emailed you when I saw the rental in Boca I wanted to view but was not sure how much you did Boca area and so I went through the listing agent. I am going to make a trip out to those complexes you and trim suggested. Thank you. I also saw a listing in Jupiter Ocean and Raquet Club how is that area?
Melissa I have been to CC a few times and it does look more down to earth and low key. May I ask where you are renting? I can imagine it is hard to go from a home to a condo/apt especially with a family.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Thank you all so much for your help. I have very bad luck in rentals aka why I am moving.
Sky I almost emailed you when I saw the rental in Boca I wanted to view but was not sure how much you did Boca area and so I went through the listing agent. I am going to make a trip out to those complexes you and trim suggested. Thank you. I also saw a listing in Jupiter Ocean and Raquet Club how is that area?
Melissa I have been to CC a few times and it does look more down to earth and low key. May I ask where you are renting? I can imagine it is hard to go from a home to a condo/apt especially with a family.
If you would like help feel free to contact me. I really think that complex would be a good choice based off what you have mentioned you like.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I also saw a listing in Jupiter Ocean and Raquet Club how is that area?
A very nice area and location. Steps to the beach. Not far from shopping and dining on PGA Blvd., Indiantown Road, and Donald Ross.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:43 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,185 times
I may be missing something but is there a reason you would not want to return to Wellington. I have not lived there but have heard nothing but good things about it. Palm Beach Gardens is also a good location. Avoid Boynton Beach, I live here and it is full of crime. Work with a REPUTABLE realtor, which is not strictly rental agencies but well known sales agencies. With the market the way it is, most realtors are doing rentals now and that means an opportunity to work with an ethical realtor. Real estate agencies that do primarily rentals are NOT reputable. Good luck to u!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 AM

Thank you again. I may take you up on that sky. As the realtors I have been dealing with in the past in Boca are unreal to me.I called the condo place I am in yesterday and the way I was treated until she found out I rent in here was horrible. I don't fit the Boca mold and sometimes I feel and not by everyone cause I have met a lot of nice but sometimes get treated in a disrespectful way. This has happened a few times here in this complex. I even got stopped for being young to make sure I lived here and that was the reason I was given.Anyhow sorry for my vent.
Is the Jupiter ocean club near trains? I know I sound nuts but it is from a bad experience where I rented a place in my hometown and it was on train tracks and I did not notice before I rented. It was horrible.
Joanie I would go to Wellington again as for me that was a nice community but I have not seen any rentals I like. I would love to rent in the polo club again but they seem mostly turn key furnished. I did find one in there in st andrews polo club that I am going to call on today. I kind of like the idea of a condo rather then apartments. It seems more quiet to me. Thanks again all

Old 10-10-2009, 07:28 AM

Ocean Club is not near Trains. It's a very quiet area, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach