Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM

159 posts, read 461,113 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Florida next week and have several children and we are a very active family as far as getting out in the community and taking advantage of outings for the family. I have a couple of job offers on both the Atlantic side and Gulf side of Southern Florida. I don't seem to be able to find a lot of info on things going on in West Palm Beach. Am I looking in the wrong places? Please any info would be appreciated. We enjoy things like festivals, skating rinks, swimming, mini-golf, go karts, movies, parks, etc. Where we live now they do alot in the community for children such as haunted hayrides, fall festivals, circuses, etc. Please help me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 10:29 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I have mentioned this a few times but Lion Safari in WP I remember as a kid going to and I loved it. I am going to go with my mom as an adult when she comes. I also found a sea equarium place in Miami. There is a kids activity place in Boca called Boomers though I have never been. What about just a zoo? Imax theater for 3-D in Ft Lauderdale. Hope you have fun and good luck on the job front

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow girl
Please any info would be appreciated. We enjoy things like festivals, skating rinks, swimming, mini-golf, go karts, movies, parks, etc. Where we live now they do alot in the community for children such as haunted hayrides, fall festivals, circuses, etc. Please help me!
There are tons of things for kids to do all around Palm Beach County. Just SOME of the things include:

Kayaking, long boarding, water taxi trips, hiking, jet skiing, the beach, public swimming pools, rapids water park, BMX bike tracks, paddle boats and canoeing, lighthouse climbing, skate parks, ice skating rink, palm beach zoo, science museum, lion country safari, movies, all kinds of sports for kids, "fun center" - go carts and batting cages, mini-golf, Clematis by Night, Sunday concert series downtown, Fright Nights at the South Florida Fair grounds, the South Florida Fair, Moonfest (more kids earlier in the evening), holiday parades, shows for kids (and adults) at the Kravis Center, dog parks, playgrounds, etc. etc. etc. etc.

If you search for it, you basically can find it, outside of snowmobiling and sledding, lol.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:31 PM

623 posts, read 1,302,794 times
I love the zoo in Palm Beach One of my favorite places.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:52 PM

98 posts, read 424,776 times
how old are your kids?

we just moved here to with an infant. We found lots of fun things for the kiddo ... but then again, they're things geared for little kids. I'm no help for advice re: bigger kids.

There is a cool skateboard park in my neighborhood in WPB called Phipps Park. I wish I had something like that when I was kid with my skateboard!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:58 PM

159 posts, read 461,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSmith View Post
how old are your kids?

we just moved here to with an infant. We found lots of fun things for the kiddo ... but then again, they're things geared for little kids. I'm no help for advice re: bigger kids.

There is a cool skateboard park in my neighborhood in WPB called Phipps Park. I wish I had something like that when I was kid with my skateboard!
My kids are 6,8,15 and 16 and my 15yo has a broken ankle from skateboarding about 4 weeks ago. But I'm sure when he's healed he'll be at it again. Sounds like there's enough to do for all. Thanks everyone for ideas.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:20 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I don't have kids but as a one or a teen when we would go to FL I loved just going to the pool or the beach. We would stay all day and swim have lunch. Though things were simpler then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach