Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times

Advertisements

Guys,

I'm new to this area of Florida and have a few questions. I'm planning a move in August of this year and have done a ton of homework on Broward! More and More, I'm hearing good things about Boca. Little bit about myself - We are an hispanic (I only mention this because I know that there may be places that do not mix well and would not suit us greatly due to our ethnicity - please do not take it offensively, that is not my intent) couple in our 30's with 2 boys 11 and 8 - we are working/middle class. Obviously, we are trying to give our kids a better life hence the move from NYC (no, I'm not rud and obnoxious {unless provoked of cours}) Can you please give me some info on the following?

Schools - broward county has a website that shows you easily which schools are "A" schools - does Boca (pbc) have something like this?

Where is a nice area for a middle class family to live?

How far is the drive from Boca to Ft. Lauderdale?

Do you think there are more work opportunities in WPB over Ft. Lauderdale? I prefer not to work in Miami.

Let me know what you think - thank you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Guys,

I'm new to this area of Florida and have a few questions. I'm planning a move in August of this year and have done a ton of homework on Broward! More and More, I'm hearing good things about Boca. Little bit about myself - We are an hispanic (I only mention this because I know that there may be places that do not mix well and would not suit us greatly due to our ethnicity - please do not take it offensively, that is not my intent) couple in our 30's with 2 boys 11 and 8 - we are working/middle class. Obviously, we are trying to give our kids a better life hence the move from NYC (no, I'm not rud and obnoxious {unless provoked of cours}) Can you please give me some info on the following?

Schools - broward county has a website that shows you easily which schools are "A" schools - does Boca (pbc) have something like this?

Do you think there are more work opportunities in WPB over Ft. Lauderdale? I prefer not to work in Miami.

you know how I feel about boca we love it, the commute to ft lauderdale would be 35-45 minutes depending on what time u leave...On the weekends we do it in 25 min or so for swim meets...

the Boca Schools are A rated...I sent thru facebook information from palm beach county school report card and accountablility...and it depends where in boca you live...My son's high school is diversified no problems there trust me..my neighbors are latino, White, African American really no biggie...Portugese...You will be just fine...

Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM

You know I adore you right berry - thanks - figured it wouldn't hurt to get some other opinions - you know what I mean.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Guys,

I attend Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. The city is part of Palm Beach County, not Broward. Most families live West of I-95. The schools have great ratings. The streets are nicely landscaped with trimmed bushes and palm trees. It might sound silly, but it at least puts me in a good mood lol. It's honestly a perfect city to raise a family. Some people complain it's expensive or snobby, but it will seem cheap since you are coming from NYC and I've met a lot of great people outside of campus. It takes me about 20 minutes to drive to Ft. Lauderdale, 30 minutes to drive to West Palm Beach, and 45 minutes to drive to Miami.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:42 AM

Thank you Jon - I don't think that is silly at all - I completely agree with you - asthetically it is beautiful there and would put me in a good mood as well!

Old 01-08-2010, 11:37 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
I attend Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. The city is part of Palm Beach County, not Broward. Most families live West of I-95. The schools have great ratings. The streets are nicely landscaped with trimmed bushes and palm trees. It might sound silly, but it at least puts me in a good mood lol. It's honestly a perfect city to raise a family. Some people complain it's expensive or snobby, but it will seem cheap since you are coming from NYC and I've met a lot of great people outside of campus. It takes me about 20 minutes to drive to Ft. Lauderdale, 30 minutes to drive to West Palm Beach, and 45 minutes to drive to Miami.
My High school son wants to attend FAU as well and who knows maybe a partial swim scholarship...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach