Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 7,283 times

Advertisements

Moving in April. Possibly to the Florida Club complex in Boynton Beach area. Can anyone tell me about this area in terms of crime rate , Schools and just the attitude of the locals in general? Movinmg from NYC with my 12yr daughter and wife. Believe area school to be Odessey Middle School. Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 03:50 PM

68 posts, read 259,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaddy1013 View Post
Moving in April. Possibly to the Florida Club complex in Boynton Beach area. Can anyone tell me about this area in terms of crime rate , Schools and just the attitude of the locals in general? Movinmg from NYC with my 12yr daughter and wife. Believe area school to be Odessey Middle School. Anyone?

I just moved here myself from Chicago (Originally from NY as well) and I must say I like Boynton Beach very much. We are actually thinking of purchasing a home in the area.

I dont know much about the schools and crime rate of the exact area you are looking in to but if you have the zip code I would type into Moderator cut: link removed and it gives you general information about the area.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Last edited by Yac; 06-30-2010 at 06:14 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 11:20 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
My wife and I live in West Boynton.

The crime rate for Boynton Beach is quite high----pick your area carefully and with a lot of consultation and help.

The futher west you go the area becomes a lot safer.

Anything east of I 95 is dangerous and you need to be careful. A lot of areas in West Boynton are nice. Use the local police departments for help in giving you crime information about a specific area that you have targeted.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:50 PM

3 posts, read 7,283 times
Thanks we are in FL staying with my wifes dad in century village and are trying to rent in Green Cay Village / Palm Parks Apartments in Boynton Beach its a great place and even managed to get my 12 yr old daughter into Odyssey middle school nearby. first week there n she loves it. cat wait to actually move into our apartment. let you know more later. ok thanks for your help.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:20 PM

14 posts, read 35,998 times
Can anyone tell me if Dos Lagos is a safe area? Its on Congress a little south of Hypoluxo.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1115 View Post
Can anyone tell me if Dos Lagos is a safe area? Its on Congress a little south of Hypoluxo.
not a bad area and the prices are pretty reasonable. Used to live in the townhomes behind LA Fitness and liked the area, but moved to the Gardens.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:44 AM

14 posts, read 35,998 times
Isit the LA Fitness on Quantum? My agent told me Quamtum is horrible.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
I guess you'd have to define horrible... We lived there for 6 months without issue and had a choice to move into Dos Lagos. Depends on your price point.
There was a foreclosed end unit in Canterbury that would be nice depending on what shape it's in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach