Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 PM

10 posts, read 52,471 times

Advertisements

That last reply was to the post from "westpalm".

NathanSmith - Those are some of the reasons we're looking at Lake Worth, I was just trying to find out more specifics as to which areas are good and which ones aren't. I have a friend that used to live near 19th ave north and D st, he says that area was pretty nice and they only crime they had in the 4 years he lived there was a car being broken into. I just drove around the area, it doesn't look bad, but the houses definitely aren't as cool and historic as the ones closer to downtown Lake Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,305 times
"the lake worth limits are not "square" and extend out to Jog road."

actually they only extend out to Lake Osborne. Anything west of that is unincorporated and referred to as the Lake Worth Corridor.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:21 AM

21 posts, read 113,036 times
Downtown Lake Worth is a funky little area. It's definitely the most musician friendly area in the county right now. Propaganda is a great little live music venue and there's a record store next door, both on J street just off Lake ave. I just ended up buying a bit of a fixer in Flamingo Park, West Palm, but if I couldn't have gotten something in this area I would have been happy to get into one of the old homes on the north side of downtown LW. Get as far east as you can afford and look for something that will have future value. (ie lot size, distinct architectural style, etc) Good luck.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 PM

4 posts, read 9,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westpalm View Post
Get on homepath.com especially if you are not afraid of fixer uppers.

Here is an example of something in lake worth that seems to be in a nicer area. just put in the reo id number in the left search bar. 6292 breckenridge circle, lake wroth fl, 33467 REO ID: A100H4W

Lake Worth, Florida 33467
Palm Beach County
REO ID: A100H4W
The 33467 zip code is NOT the City of Lake Worth. Unfortunately Palm Beach county has many unincorporated areas which go by Lake Worth (and West Palm Beach for that matter). The 33467 zip code is a few miles away from the beach, and faces a lot of heavy traffic...

Old 01-09-2011, 11:19 AM

98 posts, read 478,617 times
I've lived in the historic district (one block west of Federal between 2nd Ave N and 10th Ave N) for over seven years. Yes, there are some rough edges. I wouldn't consider anything west of Dixie.

That said, whether you'll like living here depends a lot on what you're looking for. I love being able to walk downtown for a meal or to have a drink and listen to some great live music. The population is diverse, but leans toward artistic, musician, "hippie", eccentric types. There is a significant gay community. (BTW, I'm a straight, late-30s yuppie, so there is a mix )

The thing that drew me to the town more than anything else was a very "Key West" feel: old houses, good bars/restaurants, funky cast of characters and an old Florida beach town vibe that I couldn't find anywhere else in the area.

Good luck with your decision!

-Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach