Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:55 AM

13 posts, read 42,387 times

Advertisements

Link to my custom google map with potential apartments is below in the edit.. cut and paste that link below to see these apartments mapped out

I'm taking a job in the WPB area in a month or so fresh out of grad school. Likely will need to get a place on the books without coming down to actually see it, so I've been doing extensive research about a few communities.

PBG vs Boynton Beach area is where I'm deciding between, since proximity to beaches/safety is important. Probably going with the BB area because the closer to Miami the better for when I want to go down.

Candidates:
1) Cluster of 3 out West BB - Florida Club, Stonybrook, Green Cay apartments. Further from beach but safer, off turnpike. Found the most info on here about Stonybrook, not a lot about the other 2.

2) Cluster of 3 just west of 95 - Renaissance Commons, Quantum Village, Gateway Club. Possibly more sketchy area, lots of dining/shopping/bars super close. Traffic can be horrible around here? Gateway had a ton of negative reviews at apartmentguide. Renaissance had the most people on here saying positive things.

3) Random 1 a bit more north into Lake Worth area at Military/Hypoluxo - Colony Club Apartments

Questions:
1) I have a small dog (15 lbs). Some/most of these have patios but it's hard to tell what those open out to. Having quick access from patio door to grassy area would be ideal, does anyone know which of these may fulfill that?

2) Anyone know anything about Colony Club at all? On apartmentguide it had a higher rating than any of the other ones I mentioned and I found out about it when someone was slamming Gateway saying how CC was much better. Not a single thread here mentions the place though... is that southern Lake Worth area more/less/just as safe as the BB places just west of 95?

3) Those way out west BB places are relatively new, so it's hard to find reviews. I assume they're probably nicer/quieter. Any downside to using the turnpike vs 95 for my commutes? I haven't looked into the cost of regular turnpike use..

Any more pro/cons you guys see of the specific areas I'm looking at?
Also, any specific complex recommendations out of each group of 3 I listed?

Really trying to narrow down my search so any input will be appreciated!!!

Last edited by wezvidz; 05-16-2010 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=117140064892681043364.000486abd036ede7e450c&z=10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 06:15 PM

update:

narrowed my main candidates to Colony Club vs Quantum Lakes

2nd place right now is Gateway

thoughts on those 3 specifically?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:39 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
you haven't mentioned your budget so that will play a part in everything. If you are fresh out of college you probably won't be spending as much time in Miami as you think you might be. So I wouldn't be too concerned about that, unless you are making good money right away.
If you are looking to be close to some action go for Renaissance Commons. Lots of good restaurants and bars you can walk to.
You didn't really mention any PBG communities, but there are some nice areas there as well depending on your budget. Similar to Boynton price range actually *for a rental.
For the last six months we rented in a place across from renaissance for 1500 a month. It was 3/2.5 and was a pretty nice complex.
DM if you want I'm familiar with both Boynton and PBG.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:28 PM

My budget is pretty open... I'll be a newly licensed pharmacist so I can afford quite a bit.

Live music is a big hobby of mine so I'll be seeing shows in Ft Lauderdale/Miami enough to make that 30min extra up to PBG annoying. Along with things like Dolphins games this fall.

Renaissance dropped on my candidate list because their official website is horrible and pictures are hard to come by online. I love the idea of all the action nearby but worry about my small dog... do ground floor units look like they have patios that open into grassy areas? Googlemaps didn't show much grassy areas from what I can see. If it's too 'urban'/concrete, it may not be a good fit for me and my dog. Thoughts?

I was mainly looking at Mira Flores up in PBG but again, I don't think I want to be that far north.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:32 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,894,659 times
I am looking for the same for my niece except a pet isn't in the picture and she wants a gated community. She's moving from VA to start position June 29. We have narrowed to Boynton Beach area complexes: Colony Club, Stoneybrook, Gateway Club, Manatee Bay (rigth on intercoastal w/ marina) 561-735-4141 www.manateebayapartments.com and Las Ventanas (a highrise mixed use urban development project 3/4 mile walk from the beach ) which proabably won't work for you if looking for greenspace. We also could not get good internet info on Renaissance Commons but may call them. You should call Manatee Bay. Their website is limited but the apartment manager was very accommodating and will send you whatever you need. Many of the complexes say they have screened patios. If that is the case you may have a problems with direct access to the green space for your dog. I recall that Gateway and Manatee Bay info says screened patio. Signing papers on an apartment "sight unseen" is probably not a very good idea. I will be physically looking at the aparttments for my niece June 4-6. If you don't need an answer by then, I will be happy to give you feedback on what I see. You will be making good maney as a pharmacist. If you need good first hand info prior to that, I would suggest spending a little upfront money and hiring a "buyers agent" to go look for you. A frequest poster on this site, Skylinet, is someone I would suggest. He/she always has good posts and seems upfront, honest and reliable. Also, you have not mentioned considering a condo rental. A 15lb. dog should not pose a problem and if you have time to wait on HOA approvals it may be an option.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:08 PM

I have been talking through private msgs to Skylinet, coincidentally... condos were brought up as something i should look into, especially downtown WPB as that area might better fit my demographic.

Quantum Lakes is my #1 choice as of now, but I'm looking to condos and may read up on Manatee Bay as being closer to water wold be great.

Timeline isn't quite set yet for my move and starting my job... if I can push committing to a place until after your trip, I'd very much love to read your thoughts on each place after your trip (in this thread, if possible!).

Thanks for your input!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:10 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,894,659 times
Default Boynton Apartments

Did you settle on a place to live yet? I'll be in Palm Beach County this weekend to look at gated apartment complexes with my niece. She needs to move in 2 weeks so we only have 5 options available for immediate move-in. We'll be looking at Stoneybrook, Colony Club, Gateway Club, Manatee Bay and Las Ventanas. If you are still looking, I will post my impressions of each on this thread.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:38 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
Did you settle on a place to live yet? I'll be in Palm Beach County this weekend to look at gated apartment complexes with my niece. She needs to move in 2 weeks so we only have 5 options available for immediate move-in. We'll be looking at Stoneybrook, Colony Club, Gateway Club, Manatee Bay and Las Ventanas. If you are still looking, I will post my impressions of each on this thread.
Las Vetanas is by far the newest, and they are offering (or at least they were yesterday) 4 free months prorated over the year lease. The amenities there are really nice, and it has good proximity to the beach and restaurants/shopping.
There are other units available that are for rent by owner. Tuscany on the intra-coastal is another good complex with reasonably priced units, and it's gated, with great amenities. The pool overlooking the intra-coastal is really nice.
I have clients that saw most of those places and they are making a decision tonight between Tuscany and Las Vetanas.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 PM

10 posts, read 21,815 times
I would love to hear how the choices worked out for you folks. I will need to move quick for a job in July. Thanks for the posts. They are really helpful.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:35 AM

623 posts, read 1,302,433 times
Are there 2 bedrooms at Las Ventanas for $1300? 4 mo;nths free? thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach