Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM

41 posts, read 134,731 times

Advertisements

Looked at some model homes there. Not sure if I like the area. It seemed a little "sparse."

What is your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,312,691 times
Mallory's Creek was one of the last developments in Abacoa to "get out of the ground," so it never got built up like some of the other completed Abacoa neighborhoods. Same thing with Canterbury right across the way.

It's a nice area, but I'd imagine you might be dealing with "sparseness" for a while.

Unless you're dead set on brand new construction, any one of the other Abacoa neighborhoods will have a more complete feel. IMO, they are all interchangeable except for maybe Valencia, which is the nicest and most expensive by far on average.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:38 PM

431 posts, read 1,663,385 times
We came real close to buying in there a year ago. Quality of construction seemed amazing. Unfortunately, theres no way I wanted to live in a construction zone for the unforseen future. We ended up in Egret Landing.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM

Default sparness

*sigh*
That's what i was afraid of. I didn't get a feeling of things being built around there besides the neighborhoods.
I keep reading that one should live North of PGA, but the homes in PGA are south of PGA Blvd aren't they?
I'm so confused! Help!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowWhere View Post
*sigh*
That's what i was afraid of. I didn't get a feeling of things being built around there besides the neighborhoods.
I keep reading that one should live North of PGA, but the homes in PGA are south of PGA Blvd aren't they?
I'm so confused! Help!
Who says you need to live North of PGA Blvd.? That's an artifical line in the sand that really restricts you.

Some of the best known and well to do neighborhoods in the area are South of PGA Blvd, like PGA National, Ballen Isles, etc.

Keep in mind though that Abacoa is literally 5 minutes from PGA Blvd.... only about 3 miles North.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM

32 posts, read 57,319 times
We saw the community in April. Its that last community in Abacoa to be started before the collapse. It appears they still have a few more years of buildout and the builder Divosta(pulte) has been a laggard in reducing pricing. Compared to the other areas of Abacoa it felt sparse and needs a few years of landscaping growth under its belt. Also the floorplans wernt impressive by any stretch -feeling boxy. My wife and I much preferred the other mature communities in Abacoa such as Islands,Martinique and Valencia to Mallory creek.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasandre View Post
We saw the community in April. Its that last community in Abacoa to be started before the collapse. It appears they still have a few more years of buildout and the builder Divosta(pulte) has been a laggard in reducing pricing. Compared to the other areas of Abacoa it felt sparse and needs a few years of landscaping growth under its belt. Also the floorplans wernt impressive by any stretch -feeling boxy. My wife and I much preferred the other mature communities in Abacoa such as Islands,Martinique and Valencia to Mallory creek.
Those are my thoughts too. Abacoa is very nice, I just wasn't crazy about Mallory Creek. Seemed really far removed. Did you move within Abacoa?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Who says you need to live North of PGA Blvd.? That's an artifical line in the sand that really restricts you.

Some of the best known and well to do neighborhoods in the area are South of PGA Blvd, like PGA National, Ballen Isles, etc.

Keep in mind though that Abacoa is literally 5 minutes from PGA Blvd.... only about 3 miles North.
Agreed. I'm just repeating what's been drummed into my head. *sorry*

Old 05-19-2010, 07:07 AM

Default on another note...

Besides Jupiter and PBG -- my SO was just offered a nice job in Bradenton, Fl. I was just over in the forums there and it appears it's completely different from east florida. It would be smack in the middle of Bradenton - (in case anyone has ever been there - right near the Manatee County Courthouse.) Bradenton is near Sarasota. I'm getting the feeling it's a bit of the bible belt.

What are the major differences between these two areas? anyone know?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:36 AM

I've been to Sarasota, and it was nice. It's more of a city within its own than Jupiter and Gardens, which are more "suburban cities" of West Palm Beach and Palm Beach. Sarasota has a downtown, etc.

The West Coast is a bit slower paced than the east coast. On average more conservative, though Sarasota is thought to be more liberal than some of the surrounding environs. It is generally said that people from the mid-west move to the west coast of Florida (following I-75 down), and people from the East Coast US move to the east coast of Florida, if that gives you any indication of the differences between people in each place, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach