Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM

32 posts, read 132,411 times

Advertisements

I know this area was bad at one time (still may be) but since I'm not originally from this area, was wondering if its improved at all or is there still alot of crime?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 AM

85 posts, read 271,940 times
You mean HOODBINE,alot of crime,gang members,the apt complex seems to alway's have problems,out of control HOA inside hoodbine.I looked for a previous thread on HOODBINE & couldn't find it.
At one time yrs ago like everything else in South FL it was nice,but since has gone to the dog's.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:24 PM

8 posts, read 25,749 times
well i go there to get my car tuned and one of the best car tuners in the country has shop there JAPTRIX racing and well i wouldnt like to live there since it looks ghetto as heck and it looks like alot of drug and gang activity goes down there but my tuner has had shop there for the last 6 years and has only been broken into once....and he leaves everyday around nighttime 9-10pm and has had no problem with crime and same with me i been there both during the day and night several times and everyone seemed to mind their own business just dont go looking for trouble and you should be good i think the violence is mostly between gangs

Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 PM

590 posts, read 1,012,557 times
Just to clarify, it's not that bad things are going on inside Woodbine. But the area borders with Western Riviera Beach so it's a little shady, especially after 6 pm.
That said, it's not one of the worst area in Riviera Beach or Palm Beach County. But you can definitely find better. Look into North Palm Beach-Palm Beach Gardens -Jupiter

Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 PM

32 posts, read 132,411 times
Thanks for your comments...I've not been there at night so wasn't sure how bad it was. Good to know!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 PM

159 posts, read 558,742 times
what part of riviera is considered woodbine? WHat are the areas considered the worst in riviera?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 10,899 times
Default Woodbine is gated community

First of all, I do not know what the author of Hoodbine is talking about of joking. I live in Woodbine - gated community in single family home which is nice and not cheap. I feel safe and we have great neighbors. It is close to I-95, so so far we did not find anything better for the price close to I-95, because our house has high ceilings, heated pools, tennis courts etc. If in doubt, go to neighbhorhoods you want to research in the evening and you will see. We are shopping in same places as people from upscale communities aroung Northlake Blvd., so I do not know how is that not safe. Before you talk about anything, check your information with people who actually live there, not somebody who has never even been there.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Spillover crime frequently makes a even gated community undesirable. The Woodbine Apartments which is also adjacent has some seedy residents. Not sure if they accept Section 8, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:35 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRKASZLEZAK View Post
First of all, I do not know what the author of Hoodbine is talking about of joking. I live in Woodbine - gated community in single family home which is nice and not cheap. I feel safe and we have great neighbors. It is close to I-95, so so far we did not find anything better for the price close to I-95, because our house has high ceilings, heated pools, tennis courts etc. If in doubt, go to neighbhorhoods you want to research in the evening and you will see. We are shopping in same places as people from upscale communities aroung Northlake Blvd., so I do not know how is that not safe. Before you talk about anything, check your information with people who actually live there, not somebody who has never even been there.
Anyone living in a upscale community doesn't shop on Northlake (except for Joseph's)....they normally shop on PGA. Woodbine is ok, just east of the VA Hospital and the landfill wedged in between a bunch of trailer parks, just down the block from the ghetto.

If you are looking to have honest posts you should always start with your own......

Old 07-26-2012, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 7,556 times
Default Woodbine is a great place to live

It is my understanding that Woodbine was not all that nice back in the day. I moved to this side of Florida from Fort Myers just over a year ago. I moved from a really nice house into a two bedroom apartment in Woodbine. No I didn't loose my house, I moved for a huge promotion through my work.

I can assure you these apartments are not Section 8. I pay almost $1200 a month, which is very similar to the rent in Fiore and others which I cannot remember the names of. The reason I chose Woodbine is because they actually allow you to bring your best friend. I have a 50lb golden/lab mix dog. All of the other sought after communities only allow little yippy dogs. You are not allowed to have agressive breeds, which I like. As far as weirdos, what community doesn't have them? Everyone I have met on our walks has been incredibly nice.

I like this community so much, I'm looking at buying a single family home in the community. You cannot beat the location. It's just around the corner to I-95. It takes 10-15 minutes to get everywhere, City Place, the airport and the beach. The prices are reasonable and the HOA is better than most places I've looked at. They maintain and take care of the property. So many places in the are have double the HOA fees and yet, they have very little tropical landscaping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach