U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 16,893 times

Advertisements

considering opening a self serve frozen Yogurt franchise place in the Jupiter to WPB stretch.Seems like PB gardens maybe? these places are rockin in Cali right now. Does anyone have any tips on great locations with great frontage and tons of Year Round traffic. Looking for 1000-1500 sq ftish.

also do you think business in this service type(ice cream ) would be steady year round ?

thank you for your replys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 04:04 PM

1,643 posts, read 3,559,471 times
I think they are opening one of those in Boynton, could be wrong though. Seems like it would do well, it's always hot, and yogurts healthier than ice cream.
I would do it on PGA or Indiantown to maximize traffic.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:45 PM

17,283 posts, read 24,978,142 times
Perhaps the Abacoa shopping plaza? (Not town center, but the plaza with Publix)..... or the plaza immediately on the other side of Donald Ross.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:57 PM

85 posts, read 229,338 times
I would be more inclined to test the market on the Treasure coast, US 1 between Stuart & Port St Lucie.Commercial rental spaces are cheaper,occupational licenses are cheaper & the code enforcement/zoning mentality is not a totalitarian regime type.Furthermore they are more business friendly & welcome entrepreneurship. There attitude is more welcoming for a small business.Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens/North palm Beach has a don't care attitude wether you open a business in there community or not. If you do chose palm Beach County,with any of the above stated municipalities study there response to your needs,there attitude & etc.
One would think any place would welcome a new business given the current economic conditions,not alway's true.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:23 PM

9 posts, read 16,893 times
Default thank you

Thank you for your relpys!

We do like the PGA or Donald Ross Idea. That shopping center on corner of ross and miltary trail may be a good idea.

what do you guys think about the gardens mall?

as far as Martin county vs PB in regards to business friendly- I have heard this before too, we may open another in Martin County eventually. First is will be WPB area then probably one in Boca area

thanks

Old 06-01-2010, 03:34 PM

1,643 posts, read 3,559,471 times
Probably pretty pricey for rent. You'd be competing against Hagen Dazs but that's more ice cream.
There's Gelato in Legacy, and Sloan's in Downtown too.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,872 times
I have been hoping and waiting for this kind of yogurt shop since discovering Tutti Frutti at St. Lucie West Blvd. and I-95 interchange. There isn't really a good yogurt shop in the PG and/or Jupiter area. The gelato place in Legacy just started selling some yogurt but it's not self serve and a limited selection. Of course, there are a couple of ice cream joints. You always find those but that (at least to me) is a completely different market. One typically doesn't go to an ice cream place looking for a healthy cold treat. I wouldn't pick the mall because not only would that limit your hours of operation but rent could be more expensive. PGA Blvd., Donald Ross Rd., and Indiantown Rd. would be a good bet or possible US 1 in the Juno Beach/Jupiter area.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:02 PM

232 posts, read 629,560 times
On the flip side - I know that Cold Stone creamery closed off of Indian Town and US1 in that plaza with the movie theater - some fudge ice cream place opened up. Also off of Northlake in the publix lot there has been a few ice cream places open and close next to block buster.

One place to look at is the outdoor mall where the cobb movie theater is - seems to be alot of traffic there.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:19 PM

115 posts, read 285,008 times
Downtown at the Gardens seems like the best location. In the summer they have outdoor concerts in there and it would be perfect to sit listen to the band music and eat some froyo. We just visited up there (from Miami), and I mentioned to my husband: a frozen yogurt place would be perfect in here! There are two places for lease that are about 1400-1500 sf, I don't know about the cost. There is a decent amount of traffic, many families with kids, I think it would be very successful.
And by the way, they recently opened a similar place in the TownCenter in Weston. It is crazy, packed all the time! Those people must make a ton of money, although it's pretty cheap. They have a lot of flavors, and it tastes so light and refreshing. Oh, same thing about the Walk in Coral Springs. Go check them out to see how popular they are.
Are you looking to open a franchise, or your own brand?

We come from SoCal too, and we loved the many places they had there.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,717,787 times
TCBY had yogurt back in the 80's, it was a fad that soon faded, much like Crepe maker places, I have seen 3 crepe places come and go within the past 5 years, two failed in the same exact location. The new fad now is Cupcakes along with Gelato which is still hanging on.

There's an Iceberry Frozen Yogurt store at City Place, never tried it.

A lot of ice cream joints went out of business, but Rita's Italian Ice in Royal Palm Beach appears to be doing well. I would aim for a busy shopping center, near other restaurants.

I wish someone would open a Baja Fresh, closest one is in Coral Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach