Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,748 times

Advertisements

I had the distinct pleasure of dining at Muriale's Restaurant today.

Yes...Yes...it was a Tuesday and it was about 1:15pm and the crowd had thinned.

(A friend had recommended the Asparagus Salad and I bantered with the waitress, who wanted me to try it with the grilled salmon....I've had excellent salmon in Oregon and if it's not right out of the Columbia, then it is not fresh enough for me...

But the grilled chicken is the only way for go....peppered and marinated lightly in olive oil and parsley..

That Asparagus Salad was fit for a king....a sensation for the palate and a work of art to the eye...

In it's heart was the best of Itailian olives and pickled fruits and veges..
The lemon & oil dressing was so complimentary...

All with a smatering of a wonderful calimari that only Rocco and his gracious chef's could prepare...

The tab? Insignificant...
and If you think I'm kidding about this meal...and this was LUNCH !!!!
Give it a try or better yet...make a pilgrimage to sample what food is really supposed to be...

My hat is off to you Mr. Muriel...
for your hard work...your excellent cuisine and the training you give to an excellent staff of waiters, waitress's and kitchen creators...

We are the beneficiary's....Hear! Hear! Thank you for a wonderful hour...

David Kennedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,207 times
It was the most expensive bowl of spaghetti I've ever had...

Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Muriale's is not the Chef-boy-ar-dee spagetti fare, and you neglected to mention that, GHO..

Happy New Year....and if you get up around the 'Friendly City''...I might treat you to lunch..

about time for you to go to work and help pay for my pension, isn't it? lol

Old 01-07-2011, 05:50 PM

31 posts, read 68,997 times
My boss and I went to Muriale's a few times this summer while we were in town working. My boss is a real food connoisseur and he really liked it. He was really sweating it for a few days. He didn't like the Poky Dot. We were driving by and when he saw all the cars and business they were doing he thought they might be good. He also really liked the Aquarium. Frankly I liked all the restaurants, I rarely eat out so I am not picky and find no difference between Denny's or Le Bec Fin. The only thing we didn't like is it closed at 9:00. Basically the whole town closes at 9:00.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Gave you points..the Polky Dot..ha ha ha...bet you got indigestion...

Old 01-07-2011, 10:10 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Muriale's is not the Chef-boy-ar-dee spagetti fare, and you neglected to mention that, GHO..

Happy New Year....and if you get up around the 'Friendly City''...I might treat you to lunch..

about time for you to go to work and help pay for my pension, isn't it? lol
lol you better hold off on collecting at the moment.. I have about 3 more years of law school left...

My dad's friends daughter is actually one of the managers there... so we didn't pay for it... but I still saw the price of what it should have been.. ha ha

Old 01-08-2011, 06:06 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,233,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
... so we didn't pay for it... but I still saw the price of what it should have been.. ha ha
Getting in practice for becoming a lawyer

Old 01-08-2011, 01:29 PM

GHO..honestly,

I can only echo the wisdom of our great Waynesburg Professor....search for a real job with character..

Perry Mason was the last honest lawyer and he died several years ago.

Owe you points, Snorpus..Happy New Year!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 PM

14 posts, read 28,306 times
I love the bread there.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:38 PM

That bread is fabulous...a bakery in Pittsburgh does the dough and delivers...Muriale's does the baking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia