U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Clendenin, WV
3,730 posts, read 3,267,141 times
Reputation: 1039

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I think it is crystal clear you're crazy! Get some help.
LOL

 
Old 04-16-2011, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
14,141 posts, read 16,486,511 times
Reputation: 6482
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingspirit View Post
I expect the south except for south Florida to become a home for blacks,the southwest to the mexicans,northeast to the french canadians and or liberals,the northwest and including the dakotas for whites....what is left would be the.....crazy.....
 
Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 PM
 
6,885 posts, read 5,390,578 times
Reputation: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingspirit View Post
Ex-KGB Analyst Predicts Balkanization of US*|*The Electoral Map
Balkanization of America
ConspiracyPenPal Newsletter
ConspiracyPenPal Newsletter

Oh and if you had not noticed there are tons of secessionist groups and separatist groups in America whites,blacks,indians,mexicans all of them want some part of America.
There might be a group somewhere in the Middle East. I'd bet you considered joining them.
 
Old 04-17-2011, 12:06 AM
 
Location: Philly suburbs or Jersey Shore or Philadelphia
142 posts, read 160,925 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingspirit View Post
Ex-KGB Analyst Predicts Balkanization of US*|*The Electoral Map
Balkanization of America
ConspiracyPenPal Newsletter
ConspiracyPenPal Newsletter

Oh and if you had not noticed there are tons of secessionist groups and separatist groups in America whites,blacks,indians,mexicans all of them want some part of America.
"Our Race is Our Nation"
other "Racialist texts"
nice...
 
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,043 posts, read 1,694,593 times
Reputation: 944
I tend to view the break-up of Virginia like some traumatic experience during formative years. When Lincoln asked opinions of his cabinet on West Virginia's statehood I believe Montgomery Blair gave the most reasonable and correct view, that you do not break up states just because of sectional differences, because almost every state has sectional differences.

Lincoln's interference in Virginia was traumatic, it aborted the natural growth and development of the state. Virginia was the greatest competitor to New York before the Civil War, and if Lincoln hadn't tried to play God then Virginia and West Virginia together would have achieved great things.

Although Virginia and West Virginia could not get together again, I think it would be a good thing if the two states formed a partnership on many levels, such as treating each others colleges as "in state", and perhaps building a better infrastructure to bind them together.

Last edited by Bobilee; 04-17-2011 at 02:16 AM..
 
Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 AM
 
4,715 posts, read 8,798,367 times
Reputation: 979
I think Lincoln's idea was the 'idea of the time, bobilee.

Afterall, Texas and Calififornia were supposed to be broken into smaller states....the government had not got around to it...

With WV attached to Virginia...they were the biggest state in the US at that time...significant as an elector...
 
Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 AM
 
526 posts, read 596,543 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
I tend to view the break-up of Virginia like some traumatic experience during formative years. When Lincoln asked opinions of his cabinet on West Virginia's statehood I believe Montgomery Blair gave the most reasonable and correct view, that you do not break up states just because of sectional differences, because almost every state has sectional differences.

Lincoln's interference in Virginia was traumatic, it aborted the natural growth and development of the state. Virginia was the greatest competitor to New York before the Civil War, and if Lincoln hadn't tried to play God then Virginia and West Virginia together would have achieved great things.

Although Virginia and West Virginia could not get together again, I think it would be a good thing if the two states formed a partnership on many levels, such as treating each others colleges as "in state", and perhaps building a better infrastructure to bind them together.
There is some reciprocity between colleges.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:30 PM
 
2 posts, read 7,893 times
Reputation: 10
Default Transformers game

When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she needs to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
 
6,351 posts, read 4,226,624 times
Reputation: 1690
Morgantown might get some money, but southern WV would be royally screwed if this ever happened, and so would Charleston.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
3,238 posts, read 2,028,835 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Morgantown might get some money, but southern WV would be royally screwed if this ever happened, and so would Charleston.
They could just sell Southern WV to Massey and Arcellor Mital, ****, they basically own the state anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top