Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:27 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Morgantowns hospital is run by the state! It wouldn't stand a second without WVU and the state government! Cabell Huntington is not! It is a private sector company with ties to Marshall, unlike Ruby!

Winner in terms of private enterprise Huntington! Not Morgantown!
That is total bull$hit. Mon General is NOT run by the state in any manner. You are full of it. Where are you getting this nonsense? You're dilusional.

Mon General is totally private, and the ties with West Virginia (The University) are because they have lots of skilled folks to help provide state of the art treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:30 PM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
That is total bull$hit. Mon General is NOT run by the state in any manner. You are full of it. Where are you getting this nonsense. You're dilusional.
Ok Mon General I forgot about, but so does everyone else! Ruby Memorial which you couldn't mention becaue that is so true!

Old 07-13-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Yeah, ive heard of Huntington's joke nursing schools. For every nurse Huntington makes Morgantown makes 10, and the ones in Morgantown are actually competent. I also imagine the nurses in Huntington flee that area as soon as possible, while Morgantown is actually a nice enough place for them to live there.
Tim and I have had a truce of sorts, and I am trying to avoid arguing with him, but he does push the envelope at times. Truth is, there are folks moving here from all over because our area offers outstanding employment opportunities, amazing nearby outdoor venues, a highly educated community composition, a lack of negative urban characteristics found in many other places, a low crime rate, and direct access to the State's by far premier educational institution. Rents are relatively high here because it is a desirable place to live, and people actually want to be here. It's a matter of supply and demand. Low demand relative to supply = low rents. High desirability characteristics = high demand = higher rents. This is not a cheap place to live, but enough folks must feel it is worth the price to make it a high demand area. There is consistent growth here. Tim can tout the outstanding characteristics of his area too, that's how it works.

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 07-13-2011 at 08:54 PM..

Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Ok Mon General I forgot about, but so does everyone else! Ruby Memorial which you couldn't mention becaue that is so true!
You know, Chris, you have no idea at all of which you speak. I think you have spend next to no time at all in Morgantown, so why don't you stop talking like you know anything about what is going on around here. Mon General is doing just fine, thank you, and has been for a lot longer than you have been alive.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
You know, Chris, you have no idea at all of which you speak. I think you have spend next to no time at all in Morgantown, so why don't you stop talking like you know anything about what is going on around here. Mon General is doing just fine, thank you, and has been for a lot longer than you have been alive.
I never said it wasn't doing fine, because like most hospitals it probably is doing great! I just said that Ruby Memorial gets alot of state help, and Cabell Huntington is more self funded by nature!

I don't live in Morgatown, but you don't live in Huntington. I guess that means that neither of us truly know what happens in the hospitals of those towns. But i'm often times in Mtown because my sister lives close by in Fairmont, plus I've been supporting WVU athletics for almost 2 decades! I know what the town is like, about just as much as you know what Huntington and Charleston are like.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I never said it wasn't doing fine, because like most hospitals it probably is doing great! I just said that Ruby Memorial gets alot of state help, and Cabell Huntington is more self funded by nature!

I don't live in Morgatown, but you don't live in Huntington. I guess that means that neither of us truly know what happens in the hospitals of those towns. But i'm often times in Mtown because my sister lives close by in Fairmont, plus I've been supporting WVU athletics for almost 2 decades! I know what the town is like, about just as much as you know what Huntington and Charleston are like.
Well, I do live in Morgantown, and you often miss the mark in you analysis. I'm glad you support the State's premier sports teams, but that is only part of the reason our wonderful town is ourstanding. Your sister living in NCWV can tell you first hand how neat it is to live around here. Don't buck progress... follow your sister. Any place in NCWV, including Fairmont, is a great place to live these days. We offer outstanding cultural, ourdoors, and economic benefits found in few other places anywhere.

My ex grew up in Kanawha, and her father was a several decades teacher at East Bank High School. The only thing that will get her to go back there is the once every 10 year class reunions (Cedar Grove High School). In many respects it is like a time wharp going back there. She still has some friends in the area, but most have long since moved on.

You are correct that I do not live in Huntington. I did, however, spend several years there. However, this discussion is not about Huntington (a nice town there, Tim), it is about a comparison between Morgantown and Charleston. Why don't you keep it to the subject at hand.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Well, I do live in Morgantown, and you often miss the mark in you analysis. I'm glad you support the State's premier sports teams, but that is only part of the reason our wonderful town is ourstanding. Your sister living in NCWV can tell you first hand how neat it is to live around here. Don't buck progress... follow your sister. Any place in NCWV, including Fairmont, is a great place to live these days. We offer outstanding cultural, ourdoors, and economic benefits found in few other places anywhere.

My ex grew up in Kanawha, and her father was a several decades teacher at East Bank High School. The only thing that will get her to go back there is the once every 10 year class reunions (Cedar Grove High School). In many respects it is like a time wharp going back there. She still has some friends in the area, but most have long since moved on.

You are correct that I do not live in Huntington. I did, however, spend several years there. However, this discussion is not about Huntington (a nice town there, Tim), it is about a comparison between Morgantown and Charleston. Why don't you keep it to the subject at hand.
Well if you check all of my posts I've tried to point out that this thread is about Huntington. Certain others have taken away, but I'm glad that we are finally getting back to the OP. Which is Cabell Huntington and St Marys hospitals.

LOL my sister works in the Bob Evans on Peirpont so I wouldn't go any further with that! She went to Fairmont State and stayed up there because of a few boys, not because of great quality of life or job oppertunities.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:24 PM

I see no reason to comment one way or the other about the nice LPNs at Cabell Huntington. Why is that of particular interest to you? Do you know some of them?"

Your sister working at Pierpont is a nice thing. We have great employment opportunities here for all sorts of folks. Give it a try yourself. Once you live here, we will easily win you over if you take advantage of the many things this area has to offer. This is a great place to live.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I see no reason to comment one way or the other about the nice LPNs at Cabell Huntington. Why is that of particular interest to you? Do you know some of them?"

Your sister working at Pierpont is a nice thing. We have great employment opportunities here for all sorts of folks. Give it a try yourself. Once you live here, we will easily win you over if you take advantage of the many things this area has to offer. This is a great place to live.
your calling Bob Evans a great employment oppertunity! LOL

I love my sister and support her 100%, but she has a Humain Resourse degree and has tried getting a job at several large Morgantown businesses including Mylam. So much for great oppertunities in Morgantown!

I could have a much better life here than there because there is more things here! Plus Morgantown is cold as crap in the winter and the roads are not kept up enough! If you want to call out the state by all means do! LOL

Old 07-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Your sister has her foot in the door of a nice company. If she works hard and makes a good impression, she could easily rise up in the organizaton. She needs to focus on meeting the right folks and making a good impression.
In that particular field, it wouldn't hurt for her to get a masters degree. Has she thought about that?

What are your particular interests? I'd bet we have plenty to do here too that would interest you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia