Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2006, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,118 times

Advertisements

hello! we are two young artist, who will be moving to Cox's Mill, WV, in about a week. we are looking to meet others, who enjoy a wide range of activities. We are into cooking, computer programming and video game development, art, music, movies, and just having fun. we have other accomodations, but will be also be looking for PT jobs to supplement our income. if anyone wants to get in touch, just drop us a line....thanks! look forward to meeting our neighbors!
Courtney & Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM

17 posts, read 54,397 times
video game development eh? I always wanted to go into that, but I turned to film, I just can't take all that math.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
zombie I ran into an artsy community in a small town north of charleston called ivy dale. Old school fine art, appalachain crafts, and pottery (mostly hippy generation folks though). One blogger online does wood inlay, another is into fabric/yarn art. Art is out and about so long as your genre isn't the sole qualifier. My neighborhood in charleston has 2 upstart recording studios for musicians, but not sure what they're putting out. I have a degree in fine art but I use a drafting table for pragmatic reasons.
Supplemental income... I think artists with tangibles in WV show their wares at arts and crafts festivals. Not sure how that would translate for you, but then again your genre being digital isn't land locked for distribution. Do you create games that can be sold to big fish or gamehouse?

Mraron what kind of films do you make? Back in the day when I was in college they were just getting computer animation online as a full blown major, and even the film dept was evolving away from it's traditional $$$ production setups which I believe allowed indie films to get footing. I heard steven spielberg manages his film on a macintosh (editing/whatnot). I have limited to no experience with film making. At best I've done set designs for them in freshman/sophomore years. The rest is greek to me.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 AM

17 posts, read 54,397 times
I'm currently working on a couple scripts, but I've done a lot of music videos, documentaries, commercials, etc.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:10 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,274 times
re : Charleston

"Art Walk" each 3rd Thursday of every month, galleries are open from approximately 5pm to 8pm (note : fashionably late doesn't work -- they do close at 8pm). If you can find one gallery, there's a handout map of the art walk. If you'd like to meet another artist, shoot me a PM.

September 18th (this Thursday)

ArtWalk Home

Last edited by r601020; 09-16-2008 at 11:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of: