Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 8,270 times

Advertisements

What are some Enviromental and or Social Issues that Martinsburg has?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,870,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara L O'Dea View Post
Underfunded by Charleston because it is a growing city that threatens their corrupt hold on the state.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM

6,067 posts, read 9,088,396 times
Quote:
More like the local Martinsburg government has not worked well with community organtizations, plus its the ghetto of one of the nicer areas in the state!

I think over all the town is good, and has some unique qualities like history and architecture!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
More like the local Martinsburg government has not worked well with community organtizations, plus its the ghetto of one of the nicer areas in the state!

I think over all the town is good, and has some unique qualities like history and architecture!
It is part of the DC metropolitan area, but at the very edge. As DC grows so will Martinsburg. Unfortunately as Martinsburg grows and brings in more revenue for Charleston they wont get any additional funds from Charleston. That money will go to Southern WV. Northern WV needs to succeed from Southern WV, and bring Western PA with it.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 8,270 times
what do you mean by "government has not worked well with the community orginizations" How did thye not work well and what community orginizations? I am sorry I have to do a school assignment and I just moved to this area so I do not know anything its pretty country to me. The assignment is to write about the social or enviromental issues in Martinsburg and I have no where to start.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
what do you mean by "government has not worked well with the community orginizations" How did thye not work well and what community orginizations? I am sorry I have to do a school assignment and I just moved to this area so I do not know anything its pretty country to me. The assignment is to write about the social or enviromental issues in Martinsburg and I have no where to start.
The city of Martinsburg in terms of helping development grops like Main Street Martinsburg. Main Street Martinsburg Shop! Dine! Discover!

I don't live in or anywhere near Martinsburg, but from my understanding the city isn't as active as it should be when it comes to preservation of historic downtown and surrounding neighborhoods! But trust me, its not anything super huge!

As far as social or environmental issues I couldn't comment!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
The city of Martinsburg in terms of helping development grops like Main Street Martinsburg. Main Street Martinsburg Shop! Dine! Discover!

I don't live in or anywhere near Martinsburg, but from my understanding the city isn't as active as it should be when it comes to preservation of historic downtown and surrounding neighborhoods! But trust me, its not anything super huge!

As far as social or environmental issues I couldn't comment!
Maybe if Charleston gave them some money they could preserve some historic buildings. They are too busy building monuments to their corruption in Charleston.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Maybe if Charleston gave them some money they could preserve some historic buildings. They are too busy building monuments to their corruption in Charleston.
I don't think you have any idea how money is used in our state. Martinsburg gets more money from infrasturcture, schools, and development from the state (cause it should) than any other place in WV! Look at the new state route 9 that has completely sparked growth in that area. Also the Martinsburg area schools all get help from the state for new construction.

The only money that the state has issued the Charleston area for major projects is for a couple new schools, and a much needed highway to connect Point Pleasant with I-64! There is nothing else!

Old 07-15-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I don't think you have any idea how money is used in our state. Martinsburg gets more money from infrasturcture, schools, and development from the state (cause it should) than any other place in WV! Look at the new state route 9 that has completely sparked growth in that area. Also the Martinsburg area schools all get help from the state for new construction.

The only money that the state has issued the Charleston area for major projects is for a couple new schools, and a much needed highway to connect Point Pleasant with I-64! There is nothing else!
It gets some some, but less than its fair share. That money is received for Charleston, and Southern WV. Charleston keeps biting the hands that feed it; Morgantown and Martinsburg.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
It gets some some, but less than its fair share. That money is received for Charleston, and Southern WV. Charleston keeps biting the hands that feed it; Morgantown and Martinsburg.
you clearly don't know anything about state spending, and can't even give an example of your claims!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia