U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 02:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 3,929,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I can't believe Charleston would hire such an idiot. Come on Charleston!
Really? You are surprised Charleston hired an idiot? The Capitol is the largest concentrations of idiots in all of wv. It is a requirement to work in the state government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 PM

22,369 posts, read 5,787,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
"Through West Virginia state code, the health department can make their own rules and regulations," he said. "The role of the health department is to vigorously enforce the regulations they give."

During the special meeting, Ford voiced her displeasure with the health department for enforcing a mass gathering fee of $38.50 to the Williamstown Volunteer Fire Department during the 67th annual ice cream social on Friday night.

"The city is very, very, very distraught by it and rightfully so," Ford said. "I've never known somebody to have to take money out of a till from the fire department to pay, in cash and without a receipt.

"I think the health department needs to concentrate on what they were created for than to harass a little town like Williamstown," she added.

Couch, who is president of the health department's board, said he will take up the issue at the next board meeting.

This is all I can find on the Williamstown Fire Dept and the Health Dept. Is there more to it than this?

This was copied from an article in the Parkersburg News this week.

I do feel it is ridiculous to charge volunteer groups anything for fund-raising activities.
It's sort of the big picture with the HD around here lately. From having people arrested because someone was suspected (they found an ashtray with ashes in it) of smoking where they worked to as noted, threatening to shut down a VFD fundraiser.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:13 PM

22,369 posts, read 5,787,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
So let me get this straight... they were forced to hand over money to some dickh*ad without getting a receipt for it? That has to be against the law somehow.

In Morgantown, they are planning for a Brad Paisley concert at the football stadium and want to put 7,000 additional seats on the field itself. There is absolutely nothing that can burn at Mountaineer Field... nothing, yet they are being hassled by the Fire Marshall who says so many seats would impede people from self evacuating in case of fire. That is the intelligence of the sorts of people Charleston is hiring these days.
Yes, they really have a bad authoritarian complex.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 PM

6,351 posts, read 3,929,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, they really have a bad authoritarian complex.
They are broke so they have resorted to stealing from veterans and the hard working people of ncwv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia