U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 03:04 PM

3,837 posts, read 3,955,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
WVU is a national Land Grant, intensive research University that is attractive to people outside the state for several reasons not just the comparatively economical tuition. Often there are majors that are not found in their home states, the proximity to outstanding outdoor venues, Morgantown's comparatively low crime rate, and actual proximity to the states they come from as well as large alumni contingents in those states who readily promote WVU to prospective students there. Having a Top 25 prominence athletic program also increases visibility. The Flying WV is one of the most recognizable symbols in the country.

During the Summer months, most of those students are home working summer jobs and the like. 30,000 traditional students are traded for 10,000 teachers who are here seeking specializations and certifications. They are generally older and have a different characteristic. They quietly spend their evenings and weekends in the local bars.
I agree & I was a bit loose-handed on my post.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or