U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:30 AM

306 posts, read 823,320 times
Default any trucker wives in WV

Hi just wanted to see if we had any here..........i am on a couple of trucking sites .I am surprised as many drivers we see around here there aren't more trucking wives to connect with from THIS area..............Sometimes i feel like i am a fish out of water..it's like u are MARRIED but yet single and the FAMILY doesn't understand the arrangement..........they think it's GREAT money and GREAT freedom.............WRONG on both accounts..we survive..

anyway give me a holler i would love to meet up with some........u know it would be nice to have a cup of coffee with someone other than yourself and the computer.................LOL Tee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 PM

47 posts, read 125,259 times
My husband is a trucker. He hauls Magnatite to coal mines in WV, PA, MD, and OH. He is home usually 4 nights a week. I take it your husband does OVR? I live in Ritchie county......how bout you?
Marilyn

Old 08-25-2007, 04:29 AM

nice to chat with ya........i am in fayette county..yepper he's otr driver...we are driving now out of Marlinton WV..and i think finally he found a home..they treat him wonderful..he does flatbeds hauls lumber shingles rocks u name it. he even hauled a green acres tractor a few weeks back for one of the WV farms...................we have been there now about 4 mon.he's home every weekend..........mostly NE and the carolina's..............going to be some fun winters on some of those BACK roads......................

Hats off to all those drivers who hauls for the mines.........i cringe on our turns here.............been here about 2.5yrs..from FLA.....his family is out of Beckley and now we are in Oakhill..

Thanks for stopping by..holler again..................Tootles Tee

Old 08-25-2007, 09:18 AM

4 posts, read 6,648 times
Default Another Trucker's Wife

I am in Nicholas County...for now. We're trying to find a house to move. We have looked in Nicholas County, Looked over your way yesterday in Fayetteville...*sigh* trouble is finding something with land big enough to get hubbies truck and trailer into. He hauls chips and dust from Cabin Creek into Covington, sometimes to Ohio...North Carolina...and other areas but home most evenings. Drop me a line...I would LOVE to have another trucker wife to chat with!!!! My name is Tammy :-)

P.S. If you know of anything over that way (house, land) PLEASE let me know!! At least 2 acres...

Old 08-25-2007, 09:50 AM

Hi..thanks for stopping by..I'll check around fayette county...............

Old 08-25-2007, 11:47 AM

47 posts, read 125,259 times
Marlinton is a nice area. We have camped in that area before. I think considering the weather we have in WV (mountain areas) they do an excellent job with the roads so hopefully your hubby won't have many problems. My husbands favorite coal mine to go to is Matiki (sp) Mt. Storm and I know there is plenty of snow there in the winter time. Once in a while he has to spend the night in the truck at that coal mine waiting for snow plows to clean the roads. Last winter he got stuck once getting up to it but they were great and came out and put cinders down for him so he could get up there.
Marilyn

Old 08-25-2007, 12:07 PM

We'd LOVE to live in the Fayetteville/Oak Hill area....so much more to do there than where we are now!!!

Old 08-25-2007, 10:15 PM

I have to agree the roads in the winter are very WELL taken care ...best thing i ever did here was trade my suv (rear wheel drive) for a 4x4 truck..omg i am having a blast NOW with the winters.......well not those 96-97 storms i heard so much about..one thing is if ya got a atv i think you can get about anywhere.............

Dh travels sand stone mt..ALOT...........that's just one of his concerns..not overly anxious just MORE alert..............lordy be has anyone really ever used those safety ramps their........HOLY COW!!!!!!!!

I love Oak hill............and fayetteville well i wish i could have gotten ds there for school.........I found out later about their special ed program..anyway mine graduated last year............
and i will be SO glad when the new overpass is done..........now it's a silly way to run a road but i guess they know what's best..........dh parks his BIG TRUCK at chevron on l9 and THEY are wonderful..........oh yea WE are RELATEDsome of OAK HILL police dept.........thankfully we never needed their 9ll service..BUT u never know............and dh says they are great hunting buddies on the farm...............guys will be boys...........

guys thanks so much for responding..it's so neat to be connected with WV families.............have a great nite..

Last edited by confusedTee; 08-25-2007 at 10:35 PM..

Old 08-29-2007, 08:05 PM

Guess we'll be looking more down the Princeton way. Just cannot find anything closer that suits our needs :-(
Our son graduated this past June and I am SO glad!!!! He's our only one.
Have a nice evening.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 AM

I know what ya mean..i find houses but not alot of Property..Bil says check out danese and rainelle areas..i drive thru there once in awhile..BUT i never see signs for anything for sale..don't give up yet...........yes my ds did too..whooooo hooooo it feels weird...........not to rush out yet for school..take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia