Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:03 AM

306 posts, read 1,243,003 times

Advertisements

ya'll throw some ideas out at me..........where are some REAL good eating places in the southern region besides the main chains...when we travel we like to try new places...................eventually i plan on making it more north..now i did find the BEST amish cheesecake i ever tasted out of Marlinton WV..............omg..............i paid $18.00 for this thing to bring back home and it was worth EVERY penny................it's the restaurant on the river...........u can't miss it.............if ya ever go there u must do their deserts...........coconut meringue pie will be my next splurdge..and if ya like peanut butter pie u must give it a try.......................thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 06:26 AM

38 posts, read 173,623 times
Sorry Tee that I can't help too much with the restaurants in the southern areas of wv but in answer to your response to me about the prison and the northern area of our state, I am glad that it has helped in making wv look better to you. I know just how you feel. Like with me, while living here, one can't see the forest for the trees, but when a new-comer starts making comments about the beauty of the mountains, the list of all the history here, all the beauty of my home state, one really steps back and takes a look and realizes once again, why one loves their surroundings. My sister lives 40 miles from a beautiful beach and hardly thinks about it being there until an out-of-towner mentions it. I sure do hope you get to enjoy some of the good things about our region and if you could tell me your interests, I may be able to help with suggestions on where to visit. Have a great day!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 AM

shoot i am open to new experiences..this natural wonderland is all new to me..i was a major beach bunny..now whitewater rafting i don't think QUITE yet................and of course my favorite past time is enjoying cuisine that the area has to offer..well NOT roadkill yet(BIL tried that one on me).............and a fast food restaurant like TUDOR's that serve fried bologna sandwiches.I'm in heaven..

Thankyou..

Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 AM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times
Are there any specific areas/cities that you are going to be in?

Old 08-24-2007, 11:06 AM

no place in particular..Just go where the roads takes us...........

Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
We went whitewater rafting on the New River years ago and stopped in Fayetteville for lunch. We ate a really cool placed called the Cathedral Cafe. It is a coffee shop, restaurant, book store, arts and craft shop and restaurant all in one very cool setting that used to be an old church. It seemed like more of a lunch spot than a dinner place. The town of Fayetteville was a very pretty, charming town as well.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:23 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,233,956 times
Just FYI, the restaurant in Marlinton by the river is The River Place. It's at the east end of the Rte 39 bridge over the Greenbrier River, across from where the hospital used to be, before it got flooded away.

Snorpus

Old 08-24-2007, 09:33 PM

Yepper THAT's IT................gosh now i'm dreamin of that cheese cake..oh boy......u know what that means..........time to go thru the rolling hills and High grade roads................Gosh i am so glad dh's main terminal is out of marlinton.................

and got to check out that cathedral cafe........heck i'm right next door..never knew..........ya'll are great thanks again............

Did go to Dirty Ernies' rib shack tonite..............just couldn't resist that PRIME RIB................i'm glad dh got home early..

and next weekend who knows?????????it mite be cheaper for me to go otr with dh.......i just have to much time to play on the computer and get ideas..ROFL...............

Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 PM

17 posts, read 50,617 times
Thumbs up Best Kept Secret in Fuquay Varina NC Joyce's

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedTee View Post
ya'll throw some ideas out at me..........where are some REAL good eating places in the southern region besides the main chains...when we travel we like to try new places...................eventually i plan on making it more north..now i did find the BEST amish cheesecake i ever tasted out of Marlinton WV..............omg..............i paid $18.00 for this thing to bring back home and it was worth EVERY penny................it's the restaurant on the river...........u can't miss it.............if ya ever go there u must do their deserts...........coconut meringue pie will be my next splurdge..and if ya like peanut butter pie u must give it a try.......................thanks...
Joyces and Family Restaurant and Catering at 135 Main Street in Fuquay Varina is the best kept secret of the Triangle. Just wait to you eat the cabbage or the candied yams, your mouth is gonna say halleluyah. Then when you belly up to the all you can eat southern cooking of Joyce Staton you are really gonna be sold on eating period. But dont just ask me ask the food critic that gave her three and a half stars. Greg Cox said that the chicken was so good that you would readily stand in line for the next batch of old fashion southern fare. Her fried chicken is to die for, her chicken pastry will have you over eating if you dont be careful but do ask for her banana pudding. Watchout for that macaroni and cheese, you know you over eating when you go back for seconds

Old 08-25-2007, 04:41 AM

Interested already.......................

and now i know what RAMPS are....shewwie they stink..but heck i love collards..so yes sir ree u got to get out and explore this wonderful WV state to really find out what it's all about..what better way than thru the cuisine...oh yea i do sleep too once in a while...............LOL Tee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia