U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-28-2007, 12:49 AM

29 posts, read 91,476 times

Advertisements

Where would be a good place to look for homes to rent in WV? We are trying to decide where exactly we want to move in the state and we have an entire year to figure it out, but we currently live in Texas and when the time is right we will want to start looking for a home to rent. We will want to rent at first so that we can settle ourselves in and make sure it is the right place for us and that we can get decent employment. If it is a small town I'm not sure where to start. It's hard enough to find a home to rent in a large town. Any ideas?
Thanks again for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 06:29 AM

306 posts, read 866,253 times
ok we checked on this when we moved here............now it depends on what YOU want to be by and need...........

In fayette county and surrounding areas........our rentals were running 300-650..so we went to look..OMG don't get me wrong but it wasn't what i was used too.........most of the rentals we were looking at were VERY SMALL 2 bdrms..like the little coal camp houses..........one bathroom......and very few had HEAT AND AIR..these were majority of older homes......and well ok i will say it since i did come from FLAT land..........cliffs or mt. sides...........most had the ole coal or wood heat and i think i found one that window unit...........now we get to 650 and up range the homes were a little newer..still the areas u got to watch out for FLOODING in the rain season (which i didn't know) and of course some of the hollers can really get you in a pickle with the snow and ice..My bil does many rentals here..what his renters have done to his houses is a disgrace...........finally one came available off of cafego in Fayette county.........we paid 450.00 for it and it was the worst thing i stayed in EVER.................but we had to stay somewhere..we had two small min. greyhounds and that was a mess to find a rental with................So yes off the internet and newspapers they will show u descent price rentals and ya get excited...........BUT BUT when ya get here your views will change..So Plan ahead talk to everyone ask anyone for descent areas get references also when ya leave..........ask for pictures of the home if you are doing it long distant.........Be really prepared..and i am NOT putting down any area..it can happen anywhere if you aren't real sure of areas....................i was wiling to pay MORE........just couldn't find them at the time we came down and that was in MAY...........and apartment living is NOT for me..............So put your feelers out early..oh yes don't forget to write to some churches they know alot of people in the area and they can give some great feedback...........It didn't take us long to buy...........and i am glad we did............whooooo hoooooo starting to get a handle on this kuntry life..............

Old 08-28-2007, 08:22 PM

148 posts, read 366,469 times
I also noticed that some areas of Wva are hard to find Homes for rent. Like in the Hancock or Brooke County areas. I am looking for home rentals in New Manchester, Chester or New Cumberland areas for next year maybe or later on.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:25 AM

306 posts, read 866,253 times
I noticed that also.......boy it was MUCH easier to buy than find a descent rental..................but yes rent if u are not sure of an area..make sure before u buy this is WHERE u want to be...........selling is whole lot harder...

Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 AM

29 posts, read 91,476 times
Default Thanks people.

I am looking for maybe Fayetteville or Summersville. They are both pretty small so I have a feeling I better start soon because it will probably take me a year to find one. hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia