U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 AM

306 posts, read 1,184,129 times

Advertisements

I see alot of posts about relocating........i was wondering what brought ya to this state.............if you are from here why do u stay............

I visited this place once before moving here...Dh's family is from here..When his mother got ill (father passed away) i refused to have him bury another family member long distant.........So we came up here to help her out..Now what worries me is she's not a young thing but Dh says when she passes away HE can't stay here anymore..WHAT?????We live right next door to her home..I know that's part of the reason but geez i didn't move this far and go thru money like we did and then hop up and leave anytime soon......I really like it here.....and beginning to LOVE alot of things here..granted when the job of my dreams opens up i will love it even more...........Gosh i wouldn't even know where else to move too.........I have made up my mind i am dying here..So yes every time dh comes in from the road i am giving him more info about this state from all of ya'll.............. and U couldn't pay me enough to go back to FLA.............
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 02:54 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,655,016 times
Ha Ha.. I'm glad you're loving WV. I ended up here... well I was born here, and like you said. I'll probably die here. Given I might move away for a few years after I graduate, because I love traveling. I'll have my masters in Geography, what kind of geographer would I be if I didn't travel? ha ha But I know I will come back and either teach here or do some regional planning or something

Old 08-28-2007, 03:23 PM

180 posts, read 923,269 times
I was there because my best friend came and picked me when I got sick there. I was a truck driver... got stranded at the truck stop... sick, sick, sick. He came and got me, my employer picked up the truck and so I lived with my best friend until I got back on my feet.

I only left there because MY mother got sick and needed some care. She's doing well now but not well enough for me to leave.

I dream about returning to my little holler in the mountains. And I miss my best friend and all the other friends I made the few years I was there.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 PM

306 posts, read 1,184,129 times
and I can say I truly know what ''holler'' means.............

Oh yes do come back after your travels and share with us.......i know I will still be here.....................

Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 PM

148 posts, read 490,790 times
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh Pa. I love pgh since it is my childhood home. But Pgh is not like it used to be anymore, taxes, always spending more money living in high class state too.

We were shooting for Sugarcreek Ohio but my DH's dad did not want to move too far from Pgh where his wife is buried, so we were on our way to Steubenville Ohio to check out a handful of places, we got a phone call while we were on Rt 22 in Pa about a house for rent in Weirton and they were not located in Ohio. So we decided to check the house out first before hitting ohio, we fell in love with the place and dad agreed. We have been soaking up the fresh mountain air with peaceful place.

We are now looking to move a bit further north of Weirton like New Manchester Wva or Wylie Ridge Area in a few yrs more like country living with some land.

NO ONE COULD PAY ME TO MOVE BACK TO PA EVER!!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 PM

396 posts, read 873,933 times
I spent most of my time in CT. Then I got training in WV and decided to stay here.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:55 AM

419 posts, read 1,138,879 times
Born and raised in the Northern Panhandle, near Chester and New Cumberland. Spent some vacation time near Berkeley Springs, in the eastern panhandle. Graduated from West Virginia Institute of Technology and was unable to find a job near home. Moved to Northern Virginia, lived there for 20 years and finally relocated to Jefferson county. Went to the DMV to exchange my drivers license, and got my original DMV number back!!

Old 08-31-2007, 05:33 PM

13,326 posts, read 35,872,250 times
My grand parents!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:41 AM

47 posts, read 180,258 times
I am a native of WV but grew up in a home with lots of out of state moving. I came back to WV as a teen and later married a man from WV. We have lived in Ohio and VA for a couple of years here and there due to employment but last October we finally bought a house here in WV. We will never leave again. This is home. There is nothing like the view from my balcony as the sun comes up. Or walking thru the woods on a spring day. Or biking the rail trail at the foot of my driveway. I know there are other places in the US that are beautiful but WV has my heart!
WV PROUD!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:29 PM

70 posts, read 150,707 times
I relocated to WV from Ohio for work (originally from NC) to stay employed after a merger had gone through and there weren't enough positions in my territory. I'm in Charleston and basically like the area - the cost of living isn't too bad and the people are down-to-earth and nice. I guess I like it enough to want to buy a house and settle down for a spell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia