Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:13 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,100,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
I can't really comment. I really wanna try a tudor biscuir!
It might change your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
It might change your life.
They are good, but real unhealthy. I rarely get heartburn, but after eating their steak biscuit with a hash brown and egg on it my heart hurt all day.

It is definitely worth going to a few times a year, but more than that and enjoy your heart attack.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:05 PM

348 posts, read 1,051,422 times
Minard's Spaghetti Inn of Clarksburg is real good but they said lunch prices and dinners prices are same. Hmmm.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:13 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,100,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
They are good, but real unhealthy. I rarely get heartburn, but after eating their steak biscuit with a hash brown and egg on it my heart hurt all day.

It is definitely worth going to a few times a year, but more than that and enjoy your heart attack.
That's why I said it would change your life!

Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 3,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Chimney Corner Cafe, Ashland

much more than the expected burger & fries and a setting that can't be beat.
Gosh, I used to eat there when I was a kid, and I'm kind of ancient.

In Beckley, YES to the King Tut love. They do still have chicken liver dinners, not that I'd ever eat them. Fabulous pie, hush puppies, pot roast sandwich, everything really is good there.

Also:
Campestre (Mexican)
Delightfully Yours (bistro/bakery - I could live off their fries with Thai peanut sauce)
Bake Shoppe (deli/soups/bakery)
McBee's (pub food, very well done)
Kimono (Japanese)
Calacino's (brick-oven pizza)
Aangan (Indian)
Pasquale's (white-table cloth Italian) or Padrino's (casual Italian)
Southern Reds (world-class smoked BBQ, in the back of a gas station like all good BBQ joints)

There's a new place, Dobra Zupas, in the old bus terminal that's supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't tried it yet.

It's not hard at all to get fat in Beckley. If we had Thai food it would be near-perfect. It blows my mind that people are dancing in the streets over the arrival of Olive Garden.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K K Slider View Post
It blows my mind that people are dancing in the streets over the arrival of Olive Garden.
You would be surprised by how common this is, even in more urban areas. Some Americans are just ignorant of good food.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM

282 posts, read 484,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K K Slider View Post
Gosh, I used to eat there when I was a kid, and I'm kind of ancient.

In Beckley, YES to the King Tut love. They do still have chicken liver dinners, not that I'd ever eat them. Fabulous pie, hush puppies, pot roast sandwich, everything really is good there.

Also:
Campestre (Mexican)
Delightfully Yours (bistro/bakery - I could live off their fries with Thai peanut sauce)
Bake Shoppe (deli/soups/bakery)
McBee's (pub food, very well done)
Kimono (Japanese)
Calacino's (brick-oven pizza)
Aangan (Indian)
Pasquale's (white-table cloth Italian) or Padrino's (casual Italian)
Southern Reds (world-class smoked BBQ, in the back of a gas station like all good BBQ joints)

There's a new place, Dobra Zupas, in the old bus terminal that's supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't tried it yet.

It's not hard at all to get fat in Beckley. If we had Thai food it would be near-perfect. It blows my mind that people are dancing in the streets over the arrival of Olive Garden.
I remember when I lived in Beckley this really good Italian/pizza restaurant called the Capri. They had the best pizza I've ever eaten in West Virginia to this day, 30 years later. And I remember Pasquale's well. Beckley had some nice local restaurants. But let's not put down Olive Garden. While I'll take Muriale's (Fairmont) or Da Vinci's (Williamstown) spaghetti over theirs any day, you can't beat their salad and breadsticks.

Last edited by Route50guy; 02-01-2012 at 04:11 PM..

Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM

389 posts, read 796,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
You would be surprised by how common this is, even in more urban areas. Some Americans are just ignorant of good food.
So true!! They must put crack in their food because people are in love with Olive Garden. I have friends back home that go to Olive Garden every time they go out of town. When Hagerstown was first suburbanizing, those people demanded Olive Garden. When they finally got one, they were practically doing backflips. That restaurant is still extraordinarily busy to this day. I've heard similar stories from communities much closer in. It's hard to believe Beckley's getting one though!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 PM

537 posts, read 958,558 times
?? Where did all the posts between 7:01pm and 11:42pm go??

Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,881,972 times
Can't let this thread pass without saying da Vinci's in Williamstown rivals Muriele's/Minards/Oliverios as far as I am concerned. Others that come to mind:
Charleston--Fazio's
Ellenboro--Log Cabin Grille
Northern Panhandle--Undo's but that may be a chain but I was thinking it was local with several locations
Sutton--Cafe Cimino is A++
Canaan Valley area--Siranni's and I find the food at Blackwater Falls and Canaan Valley State Parks to be good food
Grafton--Tygart Lake State Park restaurant food was good as well

If you are interested in ramps, visit RAMPS! The King of Stink to keep up with ramp dinners this spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia