Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustHaveCoffee View Post
I would endorse City NB, I had an account there until I moved in Virginia. Stay away from BB&T though, it's a big bank FULL of fees. I closed my account because they had so many hoops for me to jump through to keep my account free.
Benefits for seniors at BB&T. DH has an account there and seems to like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Free wifi - also, at Buffalo Wild Wings - when it's working; think McDonald's still do; Books-A-Million (if a member which involves yearly fee or maybe free for a day as a guest sign on?), and bit further down the road toward in Ranson (rt9), there's Panera Bread and Bob Evans (both locations). Someone already mentioned Martin's (cafe area).

Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Free WiFi at Martinsburg Mall...Martinsburg Library ... McDonalds North & South ends

Old 06-18-2012, 03:54 PM

5 posts, read 8,621 times
Eastern Panhandle Federal Credit Union.

It's on Route 9 North off I-81 Exit 16W

Eastern Panhandle Federal Credit Union serves Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan Counties in West Virginia

There's also 167th TFR Federal Credit Union which has two branches.

One by the airport/National Guard Base and one closer to the north end of town

167th TFR Federal Credit Union

Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,491,738 times
I think you're a bit more than a bit late

Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 AM

114 posts, read 203,849 times
Cool Ummm, no he/she's not late, not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
I think you're a bit more than a bit late
Opinions/experiences are still appreciated - even though its been what? a couple months since I first put up this post? The fact is I still have not found a stinking house up there yet (18 viewings to date, 2 contracts down the tubes, many more drive-bys). Still in Winchester, sadly, and DH continues the daily trek to M-burg risking his life on I-81 (but that's another story).

Did look at 3 bank's and none are great, but like MVB's options best. Seems we've had it really good all these years with CU membership - had NO idea how greedy mainstream banking has become.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 AM

Smile Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthgeek View Post

Eastern Panhandle Federal Credit Union serves Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan Counties in West Virginia

Very much appreciate the time you took to pass this along!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:32 PM

552 posts, read 738,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthgeek View Post

Just signed to loans at eastern federal credit union. They seem disorganized but got a new car loan for 2.9 and an unsecured personal for 8.9. The 2.9 just ended, it was for used cars also. I think they said home loan refinance was at 3.5 our so, all you need to join is 1 dollar and a 5 dollar "share". You also have to work, go to school or live in the eastern panhandle.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 AM

Talking Ohhh, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Just signed to loans at eastern federal credit union. They seem disorganized but got a new car loan for 2.9 and an unsecured personal for 8.9. The 2.9 just ended, it was for used cars also. I think they said home loan refinance was at 3.5 our so, all you need to join is 1 dollar and a 5 dollar "share". You also have to work, go to school or live in the eastern panhandle.

This is so great to know. We'll need a home loan and then the car loan soon thereafter. What a deal - How lucky for you! Thanks so very much for sharing!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:47 AM

14 posts, read 31,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claybakin247 View Post
Ok, sorry this is not as much fun as the fave restaurant thread. But I need to put my shoe before my horse, as they say. Can't be eating out if I don't have a place to keep my cash. (All $2 of it LOL!)

Relocating up there means switching from the CU I've had for over 20 yrs. - but no branches in the area. No Wells Fargo up there either, so I hear.

Any suggestions? Bad experiences? Good experiences?
I live in Charles Town, about i5 miles from Martinsburg. My bank is the City National Bank of West Virginia---no affiliation with the Citi Group. City National is a conservative (meaning a careful bank thinking more about security than profit) which has suffered little from the effects of the banking crises. It is one of the few banks in America that turned down bail-out assistance, because it just did not need it. If I moved from WV, I would still do my banking at City National. The headquarters is in Charleston but there are a couple of branches in Martinsburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia