U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 PM

8,019 posts, read 15,611,005 times
I hearing this Straight from HIS Mouth Not 2nd hand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 PM

6,352 posts, read 3,506,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
When he passes out behind the wheel & kills some one IS the Problem! Once his meds are regulated then I dont care if he drives. Heart problems Dont stop people from being SAFE Drivers! & I said that several times! Please Learn the Read!
You need to calm down. You are being very vague, and frankly very noisy.

It sounds like your neighbor doesnt want your help, and this forum is united in the belief that you should mind your own business.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:36 PM

And what person wants to give up driving ... I know several families that took relitives licences from them. My neighbor relitives live 30 miles away. Either he hasnt told them or they dont care. Every Sunday he drives to their home. Not once in 4 yrs have they came here to see him.
You folks seem to think I dont want him to Never drive again BUT thats Not the case. Hes wearing a heart monitor & the drs are trying to get the meds working for him so he will stop passing out. Once adjusted I dont see a problem with him driving again. He comes over to my apt every day at 5 pm unless he in the hospital. 2 weeks ago when this 1st happened he was in the Hostital for 4 days. Then last week over nite & now hes past out but not gone to the hospital by ambulance 2 times just taken to the dr by his caretakers got meds changed. He told me Friday the dr said he was to wear the monitor for at least 30 days once they can get the meds to work...guessing this to make sure everything is fine. I said well then you can use that as a way to figure you be a safe driving again. Thats when he said he didnt care IF he killed himself or anyone else. I know I read sevearl times where people that didnt even know they had heart problems had heart attach & killed others.

Cry--- HOw am I being You are being very vague, and frankly very noisy.
I spelling it out fully & Hes the one telling me!

IF I report him then he might not get his licence back IF I could talk him out of driving then when hes off the monitor he can go back to driving... I thinking there has to be an orgization that handles things like this.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:37 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,004,018 times
Quote:
Should I report him to some one for endangering others if not himself? To Whom??

My answer is No ! ! !

There are hundreds of thousands of people with heart, stroke,
and epileptic who have seizure problems, who drive everyday,
and I also am one of them for 10 years now.

When he is driving his car he is not breaking the law.

Yes this is not your business.

What next...are you going to stop all people 70 and over to
stop driving just because they drive slower or can't get around as
fast as you do.

Are you going to stop X Vice President Dick Chaney from driving a car
because he has had a Heart transplant and it may stop
working causing him to reck?

Old 04-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
My answer is No ! ! !

There are hundreds of thousands of people with heart, stroke,
and epileptic who have seizure problems, who drive everyday,
and I also am one of them for 10 years now.

When he is driving his car he is not breaking the law.

Yes this is not your business.

What next...are you going to stop all people 70 and over to
stop driving just because they drive slower or can't get around as
fast as you do.

Are you going to stop X Vice President Dick Chaney from driving a car
because he has had a Heart transplant and it may stop
working causing him to reck?
Your not being very responsible either. You also didnt Read what I wrote. Hope you dont kill someone next time you have a seizure. I know people that Stop driving when their meds are being regulated BUT they also have seizure alert dogs that let them know ahead of timee so they can pull over & be safe. But even then they dont keep driving till the meds are regulated. & they hadnt had seizures for 2 weeks.

Today one of the neighbor that has seizures came over & talked to him. So I Not the only one conserned! Today hes stayed home.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Your not being very responsible either. You also didnt Read what I wrote. Hope you dont kill someone next time you have a seizure. I know people that Stop driving when their meds are being regulated BUT they also have seizure alert dogs that let them know ahead of timee so they can pull over & be safe. But even then they dont keep driving till the meds are regulated. & they hadnt had seizures for 2 weeks.

Today one of the neighbor that has seizures came over & talked to him. So I Not the only one conserned! Today hes stayed home.
Look, you plead your case, and nobody agrees with you.

You can do whatever you want. We are just strangers on the internet, but the response is, "mind your own damn business." You dont need to listen to us, but nobody cares about your reasons for trying to control other peoples lives.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Look, you plead your case, and nobody agrees with you.

You can do whatever you want. We are just strangers on the internet, but the response is, "mind your own damn business." You dont need to listen to us, but nobody cares about your reasons for trying to control other peoples lives.
I have No Clue WHY You are so upset! You gave you 2 cents & No not all here have agreed with you. Some have said to turn him in.
I am still on the fence BUT whatever I decide I be happy to let you know the out come. In the meantime you input has been noted!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I have No Clue WHY You are so upset! You gave you 2 cents & No not all here have agreed with you. Some have said to turn him in.
I am still on the fence BUT whatever I decide I be happy to let you know the out come. In the meantime you input has been noted!
I am not upset. Do you need strangers on the internet to make decisions for you?

Overwhelmingly people said no, but maybe 1 or 2 told you to tattle.

You dont know any of us. Why should you care about our opinions?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I am not upset. Do you need strangers on the internet to make decisions for you?

Overwhelmingly people said no, but maybe 1 or 2 told you to tattle.

You dont know any of us. Why should you care about our opinions?
No I dont know you but there are a LOT of C-D Members I respect their input. I also hoping some one that Had to report their relitives could actual tell me how they handled it. & I was hoping for other ideas other than reporting him. As I said several times... I Dont want him losing his licence for good ONLY until this passing out is under control.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
No I dont know you but there are a LOT of C-D Members I respect their input. I also hoping some one that Had to report their relitives could actual tell me how they handled it. & I was hoping for other ideas other than reporting him. As I said several times... I Dont want him losing his licence for good ONLY until this passing out is under control.
You could offer to be his driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia