Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,495 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to Spencer West Virginia. I think the area is beautiful but hoping locals can tell me more about the area that only they would know. All info I get will help in my deciscion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 10,625 times
Ahh Spencer. Good ole Roane County. My second cousin is the mayor of Spencer, has been for thirty years, I have a cousin who is the chief of police, my uncle is high up in the gas company, and my other uncle ran the local funeral home for years. It's a nice little town, pretty quiet, the people are generally nice, but as for jobs, good luck. One of the biggest employers in the county shut down a couple of months ago, and work is hard to find. I suggest moving somewhere like Ravenswood (about 40 minutes away from Spencer) in Jackson County (the aluminum plant is right outside Ravenswood), Ripley,(about 25 minutes away from Spencer), also in Jackson County, or Parkersburg in Wood County (about 45 minutes away from Spencer, about 32,000 people, and more jobs). All these areas are beautiful, with a rich history about them. If you have any questions, write me. I was born in Jackson County, grew up in Ravenswood, and have spent most of my life in the Jackson/Roane area, to include Spencer... a whole lot of Spencer.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 6,716 times
Default Spencer

Hay, we are getting ready to move to Spencer in the next month. We just purchased 31 acres 3 miles outside of town. I am really excited. I am so looking forward to it. We have met some of the nicest people there. Have you been to the Roane winery yet? My husband took me there and it is pretty nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia