Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 PM

128 posts, read 443,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You know what is a real industry in WV? Education! It provides 10 times more jobs

Teaching is not an industry. Teaching while very important and needed does the opposite. It takes from a state's wealth, not add to it.

Coal companies have taken more of this state's wealth and sent it to other states than 1000x what we pay for education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I do completely agree with you here. The thing is, it's still continueing.

Who do you think Geithner is looking after? Who benefits from the QE programs? Obama championed the bail-outs.
Bush bailed out Wall Street. Not Obama.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:21 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,047 times
let me think - convict? Obama? I guess it depends on what the crime was, but I am leaning toward the convict.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:12 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveHadEnough View Post
They both bailed out Wall Street.

People seem to think there is a big difference between Obama and Romney, or a democrat and a Republican.

Thing of them as cars. Both are the exact same models, except they come in different colors and have a few different features.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
They both bailed out Wall Street.

People seem to think there is a big difference between Obama and Romney, or a democrat and a Republican.

Thing of them as cars. Both are the exact same models, except they come in different colors and have a few different features.
don't disagree with that, however, the original post was laying the blame squarely on obama. If your intent is that obama voted for the wall street bailout as a senator. But if obama is going to get the yoke of bailing out the auto companies, then bush gets it for wall street.

The original post is incorrect in that it lays the bailout only on obama. THat is incorrect...

Old 06-10-2012, 07:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Sounds like the coal/power industry should have spent more time and money the past 30-some years since the clean air act was passed, and figured out how to burn coal more cleanly. They've had 30 years to know this was coming. And NOW that it's here, they get all butthurt. They have had 30 years to plan.

And they did nothing, but rake in profits. And now cry like little babies about a "war on coal" when in fact, coal production is showing no noticeable drop.

AND, because of mechanization, they keep mining it cheaper and cheaper.

Pardon me if I don't cry for Don Blankenship (i know he's retired) and Bill Raney.
I doubt many feel bad for them but rather it's for those who make their living in the mines.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
You need to brush up on your history. We are currently hinting at the next Wall Street welfare program in QE3. Bush has been long gone.

Obama rushed back to D.C. to argue for the bail-outs under Bush. Then the first QE program happened after Obama was elected but while Bush was still in office. The second 2 years after that.

While people try and argue that the Fed is an independant agency they are anything but. They are a quasi-government entity. The Fed chairman does nothing without the approval of the administration. The administration may not set the exact timing but they indeed do indicate what they will do or the chairmen gets the boot.

If Obama had been against the first QE he would have never re-appointed Bernanke. Romney says that he won't but I do not believe him. This is the problem with the country. Far too many willing to excuse one side or the other for anything they do and blame the other guy.

Bush and Obama both are and were complete failures as far as the economy is concerned.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
don't disagree with that, however, the original post was laying the blame squarely on obama.
No, you took one quote out of context of many discussions.

Quote:
If your intent is that obama voted for the wall street bailout as a senator. But if obama is going to get the yoke of bailing out the auto companies, then bush gets it for wall street.

The original post is incorrect in that it lays the bailout only on obama. THat is incorrect...
Which was never said.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
No, you took one quote out of context of many discussions.

Which was never said.
no, I quoted your entire post.

you said obama championed "the" bail outs.

That includes the wall street one. That happened under bush's watch. The vote was in september, 2008. Get your facts straight.

oh, and obama didn't just leave the campaign trail to rush back to dc to vote yes on them.

mccain did too.

Please, educate yourself.

You left all that out of your original post that I quoted.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
You need to brush up on your history. We are currently hinting at the next Wall Street welfare program in QE3. Bush has been long gone.

Obama rushed back to D.C. to argue for the bail-outs under Bush. Then the first QE program happened after Obama was elected but while Bush was still in office. The second 2 years after that.

While people try and argue that the Fed is an independant agency they are anything but. They are a quasi-government entity. The Fed chairman does nothing without the approval of the administration. The administration may not set the exact timing but they indeed do indicate what they will do or the chairmen gets the boot.

If Obama had been against the first QE he would have never re-appointed Bernanke. Romney says that he won't but I do not believe him. This is the problem with the country. Far too many willing to excuse one side or the other for anything they do and blame the other guy.

Bush and Obama both are and were complete failures as far as the economy is concerned.
LMAO. Where's the mention of mccain in your "history" lesson? Hmmmm?

Like i said, above, educate yourself. There have been two 'bailouts.' The auto industry and wall street. One under bush, one under obama.

You seemed to ignore the bush one, and go to ridiculous lengths to distance bush from the first one (such as your comment about the wall street one taking place "after obama was elected, but before he took office" - which is an absurd distinction).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia