U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-09-2012, 07:20 AM

3 posts, read 2,571 times
Default Prospective homesteaders looking for farm to stay on short term

My wife and I will be heading to West Virginia shortly with the intention of purchasing land for a small farm/health retreat. We would like to set up base in the the North, North Central or Allegheny mountains region and then make day trips from that location to look at prospective properties. If any one has a room or cabin to rent on a weekly basis (the more simple and cheaper the better) or is interested in providing us with a place to sleep in exchange for part time work around your farm please contact us (no more than 20 hours a week would be best since our primary activity will be looking for land). Ideally we would like to get together with someone that is currently engaged in a similar operation to what we want to set-up; a small organic farm/homestead/health retreat, some animals, etc. We are trying to accumulate as much knowledge as we can regarding being a landowner in West Virginia before we commit to buying some acreage of our own. So let's interview each other and see what we can come up with. My wife and I are fit, clean-cut, non-smokers, easy to get along with, and have a
lot of different farm skills and talents (she's a Yoga instructor/author and I am a former pilot/businessman). As things stand now, we're really just looking for something short term (a few weeks) , but if the arrangement works out and all parties involved desire to keep things going until we find our land, then a longer stay is possible.
Contact Lance or Nadya at 239-293-5035 or email at levee2005 at yahoo dot com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia