U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 1,865 times
Default 2 Year Relocation to Martinsburg - Need Housing Advice

Hello All
I just received word that I’ll be relocating to the Martinsburg area in the coming months to work on a contract for approximately 2 years. I have a home in the Philly metro area which I’ll be leaving vacant while I’m gone. With intentions of visiting on weekends. Since this is just a temporary move I’m currently looking for a rental. Which lead me to this amazing site that has a great deal of information.

What I’m looking for specifically is an idea of where/how I can rent an upscale/luxury single family home. I do not have kids, but two pets and my girlfriend will be coming. Some of my co-workers will be commuting and staying with me from the Philly area throughout my stay. I’d really like to find a nice 3+ bedroom, 2500+ sqft place that will feel like home. However my searches so far haven’t found much. Is there a specific area that I should be looking at? I’m not afraid to commute, working near Philly anything less than 1 hour is considered “good”.

I was just in Martinsburg a few weeks ago and got a general 1 hour tour of the area. However beyond that I’m not very familiar with it. Any advice on what/where to avoid? Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM

8,059 posts, read 16,108,829 times
What breeds & size of dogs? Cats? Other? LOL

Old 07-05-2012, 09:32 PM

549 posts, read 300,406 times
I guess the important question would be is what is your price range a month? Also would you prefer a home within city limits, suburbs, rural. O would look in the Charles town area it would be a small commute but they seem to have more newer larger homes. I would check craigslist.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,865 times
Thank you both for the replies. Pet wise, I have a large 85 lb female boxer and a small cat. I'd like to believe I can over come the pet issue but additional deposit, monthly rent, or insurance. Or all three. Price wise...$2500 enough? If not I can go higher to be somewhere that seems right. Ideally I'd travel 30 minutes or less to work. But even that isn't a deal breaker.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 PM

8,059 posts, read 16,108,829 times
My apt complex excepts pets $200 deposit + $25 a month per pet! Limit 2 & certain breeds ....not sure which breeds. So I sure you can find housing. But sounds like your over income.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:56 AM

599 posts, read 351,131 times
You might try looking around Winchester, VA. It is generally about 30 minutes from Martinsburg depending on where you are working.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM

89 posts, read 88,265 times
There is 1-2 homes for rent in the s/d I live in Village at Washington Trails, very nice, most people are gov. employees, everyone is nice but not in each others business. Houses here range from 2k sqft to 6k sqft 3-4bdrms rent around 1400/mo. Smallish yards. Let me know if you want more info. The s/d is just off rt 9(beside the VA med center)

Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM

29 posts, read 50,796 times
Check out near Hedgesville High school...Laurel Ridge..there is a gorgeous home for rent for around $1800/mo in there. It has a fenced yard. Depends how much land you want, small lots. There are a TON of rentals like what you are looking for. Check the zip codes: 25419, 25427, 25403...Martinsburg, Hedgesville, Falling Waters.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:18 PM

1,922 posts, read 775,198 times
Check this out: eastern panhandle apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist It will give you an idea of what's in the area. I live here currently (in Martinsburg).

Old 08-22-2012, 04:20 PM

1,922 posts, read 775,198 times
Personally I would try to relocate just south of the city (where I am, the area isn't bad) or north county Spring Mills/Falling Waters Area. Hedgesville isn't bad either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia