Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:36 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times

Advertisements

GHO mentioned this a week or two ago...the spectacular experience of riding a train through the valleys of West Virginia.
We are having a great Autumn...the leaves are at their zenith. One of the best ways to see this is by train.
We have several vendors for this....Cass...Cumberland are some and I do not know them all.
One that is our favorite is the Potomac Eagle from Romney to Petersburg.
Its special because of the bald eagles who reside in the area. You can bring a lunch of buy a snack on the train.
I've heard of another at Durbin...its on our list of things to do when we're down that way. There's something about riding on a train. It's a luxury...reward yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 03:30 AM

306 posts, read 1,243,235 times
Hinton is having their weekend railroad festival this weekend and next weekend..if ya don't want the CROWD at bridge day go for it..we usually go the following weekend..great food..fun and u get to see the train up close..also the museum...WOW..sat and sun......a small craft fair also.......

Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
The rain this week will make the leaves fall quickly...possibly the last weekend to see them...I'm taking my own advice today and traveling to Fairmont..will have one of those world famous pepperoni buns with sauce and cheese for lunch...I'll sit by the window when I get to Collasessano's and watch the rain fall...I like a rainy day, life is good.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,690 times
This is the last weekend of the season for Cass Scenic... The Tygart Valley Flyer has some Saturday trips in November, including a murder mystery dinner train on Nov. 17. The Durbin Rocket and the Cheat Mountain Salamander probably end the season this weekend as well; check their websites to be sure. The Potomac Eagle out of Romney has some weekend trips till the middle of November.

Cass
Durbin Rocket, TV Flyer, Salamander
Potomac Eagle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia