Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 05:49 PM

515 posts, read 777,852 times

Advertisements

The real ignorance is of the people who think they need special rights because they go against everything nature teaches us. Good grief, open your eyes. Why should a group have special rights just because they seek same sex partners? We all have the same rights and all are protected by the constitution. If you choose a gay lifestyle, that's your business. Don't try to force the rest of us to believe you need special rights because you are gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 09:14 PM

404 posts, read 1,187,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
This is the b/s I've had to deal with my whole life. Can you imagine (for heterosexual people) going through, listening to, and having to deal with this ignorance?
I just hope that someday there is a cure for ignorance and hate. But I'm not holding my breath.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:16 PM

404 posts, read 1,187,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomersBoy View Post
The real ignorance is of the people who think they need special rights because they go against everything nature teaches us. Good grief, open your eyes. Why should a group have special rights just because they seek same sex partners? We all have the same rights and all are protected by the constitution. If you choose a gay lifestyle, that's your business. Don't try to force the rest of us to believe you need special rights because you are gay.
This bill doesn't give anyone special rights. It protects equal rights. There is a difference. What special right are you talking about? Did I miss something in the bill?

Old 03-16-2009, 03:35 AM

515 posts, read 777,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharedspirit View Post
This bill doesn't give anyone special rights. It protects equal rights. There is a difference. What special right are you talking about? Did I miss something in the bill?
Why do we need a bill to protect another bill? All of our rights are already protected. The homosexual's use this to force their agenda on the rest of us. Sign of the times I guess.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:40 AM

1,009 posts, read 874,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomersBoy View Post
Why do we need a bill to protect another bill? All of our rights are already protected. The homosexual's use this to force their agenda on the rest of us. Sign of the times I guess.

They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

The days of Noah were famous for disgusting sexual practices, invalid (illegal/anti-scriptural) marriages, and the days of Lot were famous for sodomites and the societal acceptance of sodomy as normal, healthy, and valid.

It is indeed a sign of the times. The canary in the mine is dying. Almost all of the pieces are in place.

It won't be too long before the Messiah returns. Is there anything unusual about that belief? A key part of any scripturally sound Christian's belief system will always be the belief that Jesus will be returning at some point in time. He told His original followers what some of the key signs would be. We are now seeing almost all of those key signs, indeed the vast majority. That's why I don't believe it will be too long before He returns.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:31 AM

967 posts, read 2,994,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
It won't be too long before the Messiah returns.
Will he have Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny in tow?

Old 03-16-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
Will he have Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny in tow?

No, He'll have a sword coming out of His mouth and an army of His faithful with him.

Those who won't have Him as their king will get the Luke 19:27 treatment.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 AM

967 posts, read 2,994,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
...will get the Luke 19:27 treatment.
A life time subscription to Oprah magazine and perpetual episodes of the Lawrence Welk show? Or is that Luke Skywalker? In which case I'll get Princess Lea?

...Or an eternity of correcting Herds grammar...?! C'mon Herd, you know you got excited to see me posting on this topic again!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:51 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,207 times
Ha Ha... I did, when I saw you were the last poster a crooked smile went across my face. You are able to state your difference of opinion and I am able to agree to disagree with you. As far as correcting my grammar, more power to ya. Grammar is all subjective anyway, and anymore to an extent so is spelling. Ehh, what can you do?

In response to OhioUberAlles if you really think this messiah or whatever is returning and going to unleash a flood or whatever. Why don't you buy a boat then? Stock it with one male and one female animal of every species, and take along a few hard headed bible thumpers and just wait for the rain. Until then, stop expecting the rest of the world to abide by "YOUR" religion.

Look carefully. Separation of church and state. Separation... of church... and state. That means keep all religion out of our government. Your religion says I'm going to cause the world to end, ha ha well as flattering as that may be, that is your and your churches opinion. But it has no, or shouldn't have relevancy to federal or state governments. So sit tight and wait for your flood.

HomersBoy - Gays and lesbians are seeking to have the exact same rights as heterosexuals. The right to be legally recognized by government entities to whomever they are in a committed and loving relationship with. The bill you are talking about all it does is say you can't fire me or deny renting to me on the basis that I'm gay. That is it. You can't deny a person to rent or fire them for being black, a woman, pink, Hispanic or a million other things. Don't think this happens, it happens everyday. You don't hear about it because gays are expected to live in silence and be afraid they'll get evicted or fired again if they make a big deal about it. Just open your eyes, I'm not going to have a parade down your street, or have sex on your lawn. I just want equal rights.

SharedSpirit -

Sadly there will never be a cure for ignorance and hate. Peoples views and opinions are constantly changing. Peoples perceptions of gays will evolve over time. They have been steadily since the 1960's. Acceptance and support are becoming more of the norm as peoples views change and the people with the steadfast anti gay views die off. More gays and lesbians are coming out and not living in hiding. Nearly everyone now has a gay cousin, child, friend, coworker, neighbor. It will not be as nearly a big deal in 30 years. I guarantee it. That is a long time though... I'll be 52

Old 03-16-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post

In response to OhioUberAlles if you really think this messiah or whatever is returning and going to unleash a flood or whatever. Why don't you buy a boat then? Stock it with one male and one female animal of every species, and take along a few hard headed bible thumpers and just wait for the rain. Until then, stop expecting the rest of the world to abide by "YOUR" religion.

I'm not expecting the rest of the world to do anything aside from burn.

I am giving out the Elijah message, the Isaiah messiage, the Jeremiah message, the Ezekiel message, the message of John the Baptist.

Repent and be saved! Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!

On the judgement day you won't be able to tell God "I didn't know! Nobody told me!" Consider yourself told!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia