U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 PM

22 posts, read 46,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
I'm confused - I thought you lived out of state and you are looking for a place in WV to live. Didn't you just post a thread asking for help in finding a place?
Well, like the idiot I may be, I moved out for awhile looking for supplemental income. I'd rather be in WV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 PM

132 posts, read 139,671 times
Default I have an idea.

How about we spilt up America one area would be right wing christian types and the other area everyone else. That would be great

Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 PM

1,958 posts, read 3,777,966 times
I'm ignoring this thread now in the hopes that you low lives will go back under their rocks, beat their wives, go to KKK rallies, and whatever gets their kicks off. I urge everyone else ignore this thread from now on as well so this trash will go away.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:05 AM

49 posts, read 104,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
This really doesn't deserve a response but here it goes.......As far as a choice, I as a straight female didn't choose to be with men, it is what turns me on. The thought of being with a woman grosses me out and I would rather cut my wrist than be with one. I couldn't even imagine feeling this way and trying to fit in with society and do otherwise. The post above really gets under my skin, so holy'er than thou. As far as religion goes, again as a Christian, my God would not torment my fellow brothers and sisters with these feelings if there wasn't a lesson/reason for it, and I don't believe that it is for them to go through life feeling less than or that they have failed him. It is people like the post above that need to answer for their actions against another human being......whoever they may be! This response might not go over too well.........So Be It!!

Why would you say something like this??? This is a little harsh. You're basically saying WV should answer for a large part of their culture yet you chose to live in WV.

How many gay people have you even known in your life? How many gays have your children gone over to their house and played with their kids?

Are you really under the impression people accept gays totally in some "all acceptance" culture? If you are, you're living in a dream world that does not exist.

There is no such thing as a wonderful "all acceptance" culture. For example you're culture for the most part are Southern challenged, and you don't care. You're still under the impression that what your culture accepts and does not accept is the holy grale, which is what everyone thinks for the most part about their own culture.

I have news for you....I've seen a large gay accepting city in the suburbs, and I watched them all shun, and I mean blantently shun, kids by 2 gay couples and refuse to allow their kids anywhere near the gay couple's kids, and also shun the gay couples themselves. These parents didn't want their kids around gays, completely, blantently, and totally. And the gay couple's kids were the gay couple's biological kids. They had been straight previously I guess. And this was several sets of parents doing this, and it was all of them in that area. There was no exception to the rule.

In additon, there were 2 gay guys at my work, and they did not flaunt that they were gay at work, and did not post photos of their sig. other or show photos around. Life isn't like a TV show.
I can guarntee you no one could fire them for being gay, and no one taunted them, and no one was mean to them.
However, there was a reason, they only told a few people they were gay and did not flaunt it. It's not, and never will be totally accepted, and they knew that. All the laws were in place, and the antidiscrimination was in place. It made no difference.

You will never be able to "make" anyone accept someone or something they do not want to accept. It will be accepted by people who want to be accepting of it, and it will always be shunned by those who do not want to accept it.
When you try and "make" someone accept something, you are trouncing on their right to freedom, a civil right. Are you saying these people (in this Norhtern gay accepting city) who did not allow their kids to associate with the gays kids, make you sick? Are you saying they do not have the right to that? Are you saying there should be laws to make them raise their children differently. Now that would be a good one, passing a law to make someone raise their children a certain way.

That would be much worse than telling this boy he cannot have a boyfriend, and no one is telling him that. This boy can get laws passed saying people cannot say anything mean to a gay person, cannot harass a gay person, or cannot fire a person for being gay.

But he will never be able to "make" anyone accept him in any culuture, in any place in the world, people will always chose what they do and do not want to accept. And this is going to be a tough lesson for him in life.

Because you cannot pass a law that says, "you must let your kids play with their kids". It will never, ever happen.
There is no such thing as a "perfect all acceptance culuture" that accepts all things, all people, and all preferences.

I feel bad this boy has to go through these terrible issues he's dealing with, but everyone in the world deals with them. My father wouldn't let me date the boy I wanted, when I was a freshman in college, and I wasn't able to get a law passed allowing me too, or making my father accept it. And the boy was white, blonde, blue eyes, and straight. It doesn't take race, gay, or any other political issue to make someone not accept someone else.

God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

If anyone has anything to say about this, I will not be responding.

Last edited by Country4life; 01-17-2009 at 01:09 AM..

Old 01-17-2009, 10:54 AM

8,976 posts, read 16,243,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhouston77386 View Post
How about we spilt up America one area would be right wing christian types and the other area everyone else. That would be great
No, because there are still people like me who are "right wing" and also happen to be gay and atheist. I wouldn't walk in a pride parade even if someone paid me to, nor would I walk in a MLK parade. Not all gay people are liberal San Francisco types.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:39 PM

967 posts, read 1,975,992 times
^^ Careful with that axe Eugene!

A bit 'o Pink seemed appropriate.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:20 PM

292 posts, read 689,676 times
I'd like to introduce a concept that some here may be unfamiliar with. It goes like this: YOU are not your actions. It is possible to dislike something that someone does, without hating the individual. Try it.
It might help if you try not thinking about what disgusting sex they might be having. Did you think a lot about what kind of stuff your parents might have tried that you don't approve of? No? Good work! Isn't this fun? Be careful, now. This could lead to habitual tolerance and minding your own business.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,335 times
Gay and Lesbian people are not seeking to change the world or to have special rights Wapper. They want to have equal rights. They wish to be able to have jobs without fear of being fired for being who they are. They want to be able to have an apartment without discrimination for being themselves. They want a life free of hate crimes and slurs. You speak of choices and lifestyles. This shows only how little you understand. NO ONE chooses to be gay or lesbian. And, God Knows, no one wishes to be transgender. It is not a choice, a casual discision or a determination one makes. It is made for us by genetics and brain chemistry way before we ourselves even have matured as sexual beings.

I myself am transgendered. Technically I am intergender since I was born with a chromosomal abnomaility known as Klinefelters Syndrome or XXY. I had male genetailia and was heterosexual in that, by socieity's standards I only enjoyed being with women. But from the age of five years old I knew I was female and told my mother this at tha age as well. I was sent to the best therapists. I had a loving set of parents and was not abused. I have never had sex with a male. Yet, I was female in all I thought, how I looked at the world and how I behaved. I loved dolls not trucks. I prefered hop scotch to foot ball.
For most of my life I lived with the burden of having to pretend to be macho and male when underneath I was dying of repression and depression. It reached the point I started again going to therapy and under sent reassignment surgery to make my genetalia match my brain gender. I now identify as a lesbain. Being pst op transgender did not change my sexual orientation nor could it. Both sexual orientation and precieved gender (aka brain gender) Is already fixed at birth. None of us choose no more than you choose to be caucasian, black or asian.

I hope you take a moment to consider your words to this forum. They only express how little you know and how biased your thinking is. Please try to learn from this.
You spoke of being disgusted by seeing us together. Yet you do not have to look. That is a choice you Can make. Sexual orientation or gender is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapper View Post
Why do homosexuals keep pushing a political agenda under the guise of civil rights. It is after all a "sexual preference/orientation" is it not. Don't I have the right to object to acts that I consider disgusting. One of the men I admire greatly said judge me by the content of my heart, not my color. Applying that to homosexuals, I find most of them lacking in character, morality, and social conduct. My moral compass centers on a believe system that tells me to reject homosexuality on all levels as a viable life style, but at the same time to treat all of my breathern as I would want to be treated. I don't want homosexuals approval, I don't care one wit about what the gay community thinks about me, and I certainly don't need "civil rights" legislation to grant me special considerations, so why should a gay need any of those things from me. You alread have the native right to be as disguisting as you want to be, no new laws are needed.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,335 times
Bravo!! I couldn't have asked for a better sentiment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybilly View Post
I'd like to introduce a concept that some here may be unfamiliar with. It goes like this: YOU are not your actions. It is possible to dislike something that someone does, without hating the individual. Try it.
It might help if you try not thinking about what disgusting sex they might be having. Did you think a lot about what kind of stuff your parents might have tried that you don't approve of? No? Good work! Isn't this fun? Be careful, now. This could lead to habitual tolerance and minding your own business.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 4,997,669 times
[quote=Country4life;7036021]Why would you say something like this??? This is a little harsh. You're basically saying WV should answer for a large part of their culture yet you chose to live in WV.

How many gay people have you even known in your life? How many gays have your children gone over to their house and played with their kids?

Are you really under the impression people accept gays totally in some "all acceptance" culture? If you are, you're living in a dream world that does not exist.

There is no such thing as a wonderful "all acceptance" culture. For example you're culture for the most part are Southern challenged, and you don't care. You're still under the impression that what your culture accepts and does not accept is the holy grale, which is what everyone thinks for the most part about their own culture.

I have news for you....I've seen a large gay accepting city in the suburbs, and I watched them all shun, and I mean blantently shun, kids by 2 gay couples and refuse to allow their kids anywhere near the gay couple's kids, and also shun the gay couples themselves. These parents didn't want their kids around gays, completely, blantently, and totally. And the gay couple's kids were the gay couple's biological kids. They had been straight previously I guess. And this was several sets of parents doing this, and it was all of them in that area. There was no exception to the rule.

In additon, there were 2 gay guys at my work, and they did not flaunt that they were gay at work, and did not post photos of their sig. other or show photos around. Life isn't like a TV show.
I can guarntee you no one could fire them for being gay, and no one taunted them, and no one was mean to them.
However, there was a reason, they only told a few people they were gay and did not flaunt it. It's not, and never will be totally accepted, and they knew that. All the laws were in place, and the antidiscrimination was in place. It made no difference.

You will never be able to "make" anyone accept someone or something they do not want to accept. It will be accepted by people who want to be accepting of it, and it will always be shunned by those who do not want to accept it.
When you try and "make" someone accept something, you are trouncing on their right to freedom, a civil right. Are you saying these people (in this Norhtern gay accepting city) who did not allow their kids to associate with the gays kids, make you sick? Are you saying they do not have the right to that? Are you saying there should be laws to make them raise their children differently. Now that would be a good one, passing a law to make someone raise their children a certain way.

That would be much worse than telling this boy he cannot have a boyfriend, and no one is telling him that. This boy can get laws passed saying people cannot say anything mean to a gay person, cannot harass a gay person, or cannot fire a person for being gay.

But he will never be able to "make" anyone accept him in any culuture, in any place in the world, people will always chose what they do and do not want to accept. And this is going to be a tough lesson for him in life.

Because you cannot pass a law that says, "you must let your kids play with their kids". It will never, ever happen.
There is no such thing as a "perfect all acceptance culuture" that accepts all things, all people, and all preferences.

I feel bad this boy has to go through these terrible issues he's dealing with, but everyone in the world deals with them. My father wouldn't let me date the boy I wanted, when I was a freshman in college, and I wasn't able to get a law passed allowing me too, or making my father accept it. And the boy was white, blonde, blue eyes, and straight. It doesn't take race, gay, or any other political issue to make someone not accept someone else.
QUOTE]

Wow, I wasn't saying that everyone accepts (any certain type of people) that is why I was giving my thought on the subject, otherwise there would not be a thread like this if everyone was accepted. I never said anything about living in WV with certain views.

And for the record I have known many gay and lesbians throughout my life, I have family members that are gay and I have no problem with my kids going to their house. I am really not sure what you were trying to say with that comment but there is my response.

You are right about not making anyone accept anyone, that goes for gays, blacks, jews...etc. I myself try not to judge anyone before actually meeting them, I try to pass this on to my children also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia