Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 AM

596 posts, read 937,208 times

Advertisements

there is no environmental damage done by fracking.

we could never tap any of our natural resources if the environmental extremist democrats had their way. they want us to be cavemen it would seem. but then they call republicans anti-science. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Pro-fracking? West Virginia doesn't mind the environmental damage that comes from fracking?
Nope. They don't have a problem with it. But, you have to remember also, that WV is not exactly teeming with jobs and industry. They need jobs.

I want to see my home state succeed but with coal seemingly not in demand, I just don't know where they will turn.

I hope to retire there one day so I want them to be prosperous.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 AM

coal is in demand but democrats and obama want to put the coal fired plants out of business. he said so. that's why obama and hillary and mmost democrats don't win in west virginia. the people there probably actually buy into obama's class warfare rhetoric which is meant for blue collar people like that. it's really obama's radicalism on coal and stuff like abortion that hurts him in states like west virginia, not his economic message of big government and punish the rich and upper middle class.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
coal is in demand but democrats and obama want to put the coal fired plants out of business. he said so. that's why obama and hillary and mmost democrats don't win in west virginia. the people there probably actually buy into obama's class warfare rhetoric which is meant for blue collar people like that. it's really obama's radicalism on coal and stuff like abortion that hurts him in states like west virginia, not his economic message of big government and punish the rich and upper middle class.
Did Obama win WV in his first election? I was thinking he did but wasn't sure. Someone frome back home was telling me flat out that coal is becoming a thing of the past because oil (?) is so cheap and where it's at. I can't remember for sure what they said now.

This past summer - whenever I tried to book a hotel room - every hotel in Harrison County seemed full with the (?) Marcella Shale people. Trucks, work boots, every where I turned. So someone was working this past summer anyway.

Anyway, I just want WV to get back on track ~ however that happens.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 AM

coal will always be the cheapest enery source and we have a lot of it. it's silly not to use it and power companies can limit the sulfur dioxide or whatever the byproduct it is with scrubbers now.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 AM

i don't think obama ever won west virginia but it's possible he did in 2008 b/c that was an epic landslide.

i think only reason obama won this time is he threw a lot of money at Ohio for the auto bailout and the other swing states. basically bought the swing state voters with taxpayer money. i always joke republicans help fund the democrat party with our taxes because it's true.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:55 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nope. They don't have a problem with it. But, you have to remember also, that WV is not exactly teeming with jobs and industry. They need jobs.

I want to see my home state succeed but with coal seemingly not in demand, I just don't know where they will turn.

I hope to retire there one day so I want them to be prosperous.
That's the point I was trying to make.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:03 AM

708 posts, read 1,156,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Pro-fracking? West Virginia doesn't mind the environmental damage that comes from fracking?
Environmental damage from Fracking??? I thought this was a great myth??? I can't speak for all of WV, but I would say anything that contributes millions of dollars, brings jobs to WV, and stimulates the economy of WV, it's most of its citizens will be for it.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM

wv doesn't need fracking to stimulate the economy, all it needs is the mtv show buckwild. LOL

Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Environmental damage from Fracking??? I thought this was a great myth??? I can't speak for all of WV, but I would say anything that contributes millions of dollars, brings jobs to WV, and stimulates the economy of WV, it's most of its citizens will be for it.
The verdict is still out, its a gamble. Fracking is a very delicate means of extracting oil, but that doesn't mean nothing could not or would not go wrong.

Environmental impact of hydraulic fracturing in the United States

Also check out the 1987 case in Jackson County.

It is possible for drinking water to become contaminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia