Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 PM

107 posts, read 359,505 times

Advertisements

Packgirls,

Thank You

Old 10-29-2007, 03:16 PM

306 posts, read 1,240,335 times
packgirls: u have my true prayers on Tampa, Fla..I know it well..and yes i know there are alot of child molesters unfortunately in that state. U are right grass isn't always greener.......I have no regrets leaving fla..most of the time..LOL

Old 10-29-2007, 11:54 PM

396 posts, read 920,476 times
Looks like WV can match FL. There are so many molestors here, you wouldn't believe.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:24 PM

31 posts, read 129,494 times
Fl actually has one of the highest rates of sexual offenders and prediators. They are way to lenant in this state. Jessica Lunsford lived 20 minutes from my house. My B.F.'s teenage son was on one of the search teams trying to locate her while she laid in a grave buried alive after being raped and beaten. 20 minutes from my house where I have a 6 month old son and 2 young daughters. She was taken out of her bed in the middle of the night while her grandmother slept. John Couy should be slaughtered in front of this entire community for what he did to that child. I think they need to start making examples out of these perverts and I bet there would be a lot less sexual offenders!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 AM

Do not forget that child molestation is underreported. Often kids realize what happened many years after the molestation. Or they keep their mouth shut. I spoke with a policewoman once, she is a head of domestic violence/child abuse division in WV. She said- the joke "everybody are relatives in WV" is very close to the truth. The rate of incest is high. The rate of child molestation among relative is very high.
I don't know how much is it compare to FL.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,183,905 times
This subject (sexual offenders) really BOTHERS me. I HATE it that so much of this is going on in my home state, where most people are generous, loving, open and kind. The power is in the secret; if we could just some how get people to report it. Bring it out in the open. The offender has the power when we keep the secret. If it happens to you or your child you MUST report it. Tell someone!!!

Why I LOVE WV, and come back as often as I do. I love the land and my family.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 PM

70 posts, read 159,319 times
I live in Charleston and there might be a "big" drug problem here but I don't see it driving around the city nor do I watch the local news every night - lucky if I watch it once a month!

If my neighbors were a bit more friendly it would make it almost perfect - probably doesn't help that I'm a renter and haven't lived in the same place for 20+ years.

I can't really complain, I like it here but it'll never be "home" for me - that is reserved for the NC coast.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 8,738 times
I wanted to move out of state soooo bad. For the longest time I hated WV because of the low pay, etc. We were determined to go elsewhere and make a better living for ourselves but when it came right down to it we just could not leave. Part of what made me so miserable was that we lived in an area where there was NOTHING to do and the people just did not seem to be quite as friendly as they are here in Beckley(where we live now) We decided to stay in state just move to a different area (we moved to the outskirts of Beckley) we are very close to town yet very secluded. We LOVE it. My hubby is a trucker so his pay is decent...we just need to make some cuts here and there. I am sure we made the right decision. There is no place like HOME (WV) I was raised in Maryland and I have been here in WV for 14 years. I HATE visiting Maryland now because it is SO bad. The crime is horrible and the traffic is outrageous!!! I do not visit hardly anymore at all I dread it. I would rather stay here lol.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 PM

tammy26681, you blaming both states WV and MD not yourself. Sounds like no grey-tones are for you, just black and white.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:32 AM

938 posts, read 2,888,307 times
I'm here because the wife doesn't graduate from pharmacy school until 2009. After that, I will likely leave....just like everyone else....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia