Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 AM

306 posts, read 605,422 times

Advertisements

Rainer - Being from NJ, I would LOVE if you moved my way so I could get some REAL Pizza and Bagels!!!! I've been in WV for 5 years, but born and raised in NJ.....and I sure do miss some of my northern foods! Maybe you can open a Rita's while you're at it, lol...

There was a pizza shop close by that closed up, wonder why? Never ate it, but didn't dare try it either, lol....

Anyhow, I am in Hardy County, WV...check it out! We are about 1 hour from a great hospital in Winchester, VA and lots of shopping there. You can also go the other direction and go to Harrisonburg, VA for lots of shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 02:38 PM

27 posts, read 42,911 times
WOW so many helpful posts..much thanks !

I'm taking it all in along with my own research and kind of have an idea of what area I'm leaning towards but I'm pretty sure it's not the southern part of WV.

I have been researching the quality of water thru out WV and been using this website. For you WV residents you should check it out..some good info and tons of it to sift thru.

West Virginia Water Quality Assessment Report | WATERS | US EPA

Crime is my number one criteria of where I move and by that I don't mean an area that has low crime and surrounded by counties that have higher crime rates. Yes I understand crime happens everywhere and there's no escaping it but If I have to travel /commute 10-20 miles to be away from it..so be it.

Don't believe the crime stats that NYC puts out. Data has been under reported and/or routinely misclassify felonies as a misdemeanor. Misdemeanors are not counted among the seven major crime categories cited in crime statistics commonly used by law enforcement agencies like the Police Department or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Remember..NYC needs the tourist $ and they can't afford to lose the tourist $ .

It's now a felony for assaulting and robbing a senior ciziten here in NYC due to all the crimes against them..that says tons about what NYC is becoming...it's disgusting !

NYC isn't all cracked up as people think. Sure it's a nice place to visit and good for college kids looking for jobs but even that is going downhill. Will I miss NYC..yes..having many fond memories being born here and growing up here and having everything at arms reach is /was great but now in the grand scheme of things it's time to say goodbye to a state that I no longer can relate to. This state no longer cares about the working class . They have milked us for every freaking $ they can get .

Politicians here are afraid of making the hard choices .The words "personal responsibilty" seems to be forgotten in society today.

Companies are leaving NYC slowly and so are residents who contribute to society . As for the amount of people moving here don't be fooled by that either. Yes people are still moving here but a huge amount are coming here due to the free benefits and there are plenty of them.

If wallstreet and major corporations got up and left NYC would turn into Detroit quickly and that's no joke. People don't reliaze how much $ wallstreet /corporations brings to NYC and yes there are thieves on wallstreet and in corporations that's a given but guess what..there are thieves everywhere including the scum politicians.

So pick ya poison and/or wait it out or move out .

There's a reason Governor Cuomo has made it top priority to address the states business climate and to see what can be done to bring business back to the state. There's no way it can be fixed when we have a climate of negativity (Due to people with more nefarious reasons) towards people who bring in huge tax $ while giving away so much benefits.

So I can stick around and wait for the inevitable or pick my own poison and my poison is to make my own way and take a gamble on my own terms and not depend upon these assclowns for politicians who are afraid to stand up and tell the truth..all for votes due to the power hungry bastards that they are !

Mayor Bloomberg is full of crap..pro business my ass..so much red tape to start a business it's crazy ..all the while these dirtbag politicians tax business to the hilt .

I know WV isn't the best state TAX wise or for jobs and many other things but it's sure better than NYC in many things and that's a trade off I'm willing to make unless I choose another state but seriously leaning towards WV as of now.

I love hot weather and would move to Florida (Been there many times on vacation thru out the years)
in a jiffy but sadly that state is only getting worst...such a shame.

I would move to Maine to get away from everything but it's too cold and taxes are crazy. For sure not going to Cali (Beautiful state ) with the crisis they are in and it's getting worst.

I even looked at down south and the crime rate there is just as bad as the eastcoast.

Sorry for the rambling but it's dishearting that we the people have to make life changing decisions due to the Incompetence of politicians all thru out the country .

Old 04-08-2013, 03:02 PM

941 posts, read 1,355,354 times
Thanks for that! That was a very informative post.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:35 PM

Hi Shutz

May I ask what was your reasons for leaving NJ and what part of NJ did you live in ?

Is Hardy County located near Moorefield ?

Thanks so much

PS: I used to work in Pizza and bagel stores and have the skills.

I have a killer gravy which is a red sauce with meat that is cooked much longer and rich in flavor and usually made on Sundays for those that aren't familiar .Also can be referred as a bolognese sauce or ragu etc today. Calling it a gravy is a NYC thing mostly by people who lived in Brooklyn NY and other areas. The term "Gravy" (Red sauce with meat) isn't used much anymore .

My Marinara (which is meatless) is referred to as a sauce is also a killer and to die for.

By the way everyone....the best bagels are double cooked which means boil and bake. The ones that are just baked are horrible and not real bagels. So always ask if the bagel is double cooked.

For any business to succeed it's all about location..location and location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutz1012 View Post
Rainer - Being from NJ, I would LOVE if you moved my way so I could get some REAL Pizza and Bagels!!!! I've been in WV for 5 years, but born and raised in NJ.....and I sure do miss some of my northern foods! Maybe you can open a Rita's while you're at it, lol...

There was a pizza shop close by that closed up, wonder why? Never ate it, but didn't dare try it either, lol....

Anyhow, I am in Hardy County, WV...check it out! We are about 1 hour from a great hospital in Winchester, VA and lots of shopping there. You can also go the other direction and go to Harrisonburg, VA for lots of shopping.

Last edited by RainerRocks; 04-08-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Changed Harden to Hardy

Old 04-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Been looking at all kinds of maps and happened upon this one.

FBI National Gang Threat Assessment – Emerging Trends. FBI also keeping track of gang members in the military.

Tons of info .

FBI — 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment

Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainerRocks View Post
Hi Shutz

May I ask what was your reasons for leaving NJ and what part of NJ did you live in ?

Is Hardy County located near Moorefield ?

Thanks so much

PS: I used to work in Pizza and bagel stores and have the skills.

I have a killer gravy which is a red sauce with meat that is cooked much longer and rich in flavor and usually made on Sundays for those that aren't familiar .Also can be referred as a bolognese sauce or ragu etc today. Calling it a gravy is a NYC thing mostly by people who lived in Brooklyn NY and other areas. The term "Gravy" (Red sauce with meat) isn't used much anymore .

My Marinara (which is meatless) is referred to as a sauce is also a killer and to die for.

By the way everyone....the best bagels are double cooked which means boil and bake. The ones that are just baked are horrible and not real bagels. So always ask if the bagel is double cooked.

For any business to succeed it's all about location..location and location
Wow, I haven't heard sauce called "Gravy" for some time now. My old girlfriend, Muriel, was from Yonkers and she called it that. She made white gravy in the northern Italian style. She did not care for tomato based gravy on anything. Go figure.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM

You might consider checking this out:

W.Va. American Water to post reports online* - Business - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Wow, I haven't heard sauce called "Gravy" for some time now. My old girlfriend, Muriel, was from Yonkers and she called it that. She made white gravy in the northern Italian style. She did not care for tomato based gravy on anything. Go figure.
I don't hear too many people call sauce gravy much anymore myself..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post

Wow ..this makes my research much easier ..Thanks for the link !

Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainerRocks View Post
Wow ..this makes my research much easier ..Thanks for the link !
You are very welcome

Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
You are very welcome
Everytime I see your name I think of the movie "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters "

If you haven't seen it I suggest you do..It's really really good and entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia