Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 PM

708 posts, read 1,156,549 times

Advertisements

Unemployment rate:
Flint 16%
Huntington 7%
Charleston 6%

Poverty Rate:
Flint 43.4%
Huntington 33.8%
Charleston 23.3%

Flint is currently under a Emergency Bankruptcy Plan by the State.
December 2011 Flint Most Violent City in US.
June 4,2013 Flint Most Violent City per capita.
Forbes Magazine 2012 6th Most Violent city toward women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 09:49 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,562,896 times
I have more statistical data regarding Charleston than the moron who did this "study" I presently know of 16 individuals who have lived in Charleston all their lives, are perfectly happy, and you could not drag them away to some gleaming paradise such as Morgantown or Flint with a team of horses. Scientific? More so than the idiots who do these "misery" articles. I agree with CT on this (see his previous post)

Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,870,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I have more statistical data regarding Charleston than the moron who did this "study" I presently know of 16 individuals who have lived in Charleston all their lives, are perfectly happy, and you could not drag them away to some gleaming paradise such as Morgantown or Flint with a team of horses. Scientific? More so than the idiots who do these "misery" articles. I agree with CT on this (see his previous post)
Your antecdotal evidence is irrelevant. If you have real stastical evidence share it. If not you have have nothing.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Unemployment rate:
Flint 16%
Huntington 7%
Charleston 6%

Poverty Rate:
Flint 43.4%
Huntington 33.8%
Charleston 23.3%

Flint is currently under a Emergency Bankruptcy Plan by the State.
December 2011 Flint Most Violent City in US.
June 4,2013 Flint Most Violent City per capita.
Forbes Magazine 2012 6th Most Violent city toward women.
I noticed that your stats didn't include well being. Flint has problems yes but being as depressed as Charleston and Huntington isn't one of them. As we can see you have no evidence that Flint is not as miserable as Charleston and Huntington, and you are doing flint a disservice by sating it is without proof.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I noticed that your stats didn't include well being. Flint has problems yes but being as depressed as Charleston and Huntington isn't one of them. As we can see you have no evidence that Flint is not as miserable as Charleston and Huntington, and you are doing flint a disservice by sating it is without proof.
Because the Gallup Well Being poll is unreliable, sampled incorrectly, and not valid.

If having a higher unemployment rate, poverty rate, and crime rate makes Flint a happier place than Charleston or Huntington, then we need reevaluate what The definition of Well being is.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Because the Gallup Well Being poll is unreliable, sampled incorrectly, and not valid.

If having a higher unemployment rate, poverty rate, and crime rate makes Flint a happier place than Charleston or Huntington, then we need reevaluate what The definition of Well being is.
No, it is. If you can find inaccurate information by all means prove it is flawed but your opinion is irrelevant. What you are doing is saying, " sure science says the earth is round but it is flawed because I said so and that means the Earth is shaped like a triangle because again I said so. Ignore all the facts."

When you get well being redefined you will have a point. flint might have higher crime but it sure is happier than chatleston and Huntington.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
No, it is. If you can find inaccurate information by all means prove it is flawed but your opinion is irrelevant. What you are doing is saying, " sure science says the earth is round but it is flawed because I said so and that means the Earth is shaped like a triangle because again I said so. Ignore all the facts."

When you get well being redefined you will have a point. flint might have higher crime but it sure is happier than chatleston and Huntington.
But the thing is Havoc your bias against Huntington and Charleston sets the tone for any argument I present.

Gallup polls are not scientific fact, it's not me saying so, it's just the way it is. Taking a random selection of people and asking them questions does not match the outcome for the rest of the population.

Just take a recent look at Gallups presidential election misfire when they predicted Romney over Obama.

Gallup explains what went wrong in 2012

Old 06-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
But the thing is Havoc your bias against Huntington and Charleston sets the tone for any argument I present.

Gallup polls are not scientific fact, it's not me saying so, it's just the way it is. Taking a random selection of people and asking them questions does not match the outcome for the rest of the population.

Just take a recent look at Gallups presidential election misfire when they predicted Romney over Obama.

Gallup explains what went wrong in 2012
No bias just facts.

Also this isn't a poll.

I have been saying all along if you have proof these stats are wrong show them. Until then your opinion is irrelevant. It is your bias for these people that is leading you to ignore these facts. You have no evidence to base what you are saying on other than emotion and personal opinion. My basis is actual statistics. You are not going to go anywhere until you have your own relevant statistics and the crime rate of Flint is not relevant nor is the median income of New Mexico.

I m sorry but your line of reasoning here is not logical or factual. You ate taking an ignorant approach by ignoring facts without having any facts. It is like someone who denies smoking causes cancer because they like cigerretes and because sunburns also cause cancer, therefore they argue cigarettes don't cause cancer.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:27 PM

Havoc you don't have any statistics for this argument at all, just a random poll with a very large margin of error.

Once again you fail to see how things are, when I post relevant statistics, or pretty much anybody who debates you, you dismiss them cause they prove you wrong as usual. You only want statistics to work in your favor when they favor your argument, but when the tables are turned, they are arbitrary and not relevant.

Havoc, either you have a very poor understanding of life and how things really are in the world or you just like to debate whether your right or wrong just to have some fun. I hope your just playing around when you post the the stuff you do.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Havoc you don't have any statistics for this argument at all, just a random poll with a very large margin of error.

Once again you fail to see how things are, when I post relevant statistics, or pretty much anybody who debates you, you dismiss them cause they prove you wrong as usual. You only want statistics to work in your favor when they favor your argument, but when the tables are turned, they are arbitrary and not relevant.

Havoc, either you have a very poor understanding of life and how things really are in the world or you just like to debate whether your right or wrong just to have some fun. I hope your just playing around when you post the the stuff you do.

I actually do have stasticis. YOU dont and you are ignoring the statistics because they prove you wrong as usual.

So your comment ics, or pretty much anybody who debates you, you dismiss them cause they prove you wrong as usual. You only want statistics to work in your favor when they favor your argument is applying to YOU right now.

You have presented NOTHING. This isnt the first time this has happened either. Remember when you showed that article about WV development because you thought the author was supporting your position for a highway in McDowell, and when you found he was arguing against roads being built in rural areas and was only arguing for roads in more urban areas of WV that were close to urban centers in other centers you ignored your own source when you realized you made a mistake and the source was supporting me. Remember when you asked for proof of the harmful effects of strip mining and ignored everything too? It is a pattern with you of supporting statistics, articles, facts only when they show things you want to be true, however shady they are, and ignoring them when YOU disagree with the conclusion. That is what you are doing right NOW. The worst part is you are being hypocrite right now by doing what you allege I do.

However, I am not interested in pointing out hypocrisy and your fallacies. I am not interested in changing the topic.

So if you have any RELEVANT statistics too share about this topic at hand Curse please share them. If you are going to make hypocritical personal attacks I take that as acknowledgement you have NOTHING and are resorting to fallacies since you dont have any factual support. I suspect now you are trying to get the thread closed by doing this since these are facts you cant refute and you dont want people to know these facts.

Here are the facts. Charleston has the worst well being in WV and Huntington has the 2nd worst well being. If you have proof otherwise, if ANYONE has proof otherwise, share it. If not deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia