Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 PM

941 posts, read 1,355,520 times

Advertisements

Please moderators, shut this thread down! These kinds of discussions helps no one who reads them because they are all centered around the same non sensical bickering. It is ridiculous, makes this entire forum look bad and unreliable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
Please moderators, shut this thread down! These kinds of discussions helps no one who reads them because they are all centered around the same non sensical bickering. It is ridiculous, makes this entire forum look bad and unreliable.
I have to disagree. This forum is for people who want information about moving somewhere and this is very relevant. We cant lock down every topic because people dont like the data. Basically a few posters, and especially one poster, hijacked this thread. Locking this thread is what they want because they dont want people to know about this. I understand they dont like the result and they are free to ignore it, although that wont change it, but to try and prevent other people from knowing about it is despicable. You are basically rewarding them for purposely acting stupid. We would be promoting ignorance.

Instead we just prohibit people who wont stay on topic, or who argue with the OP without adding anything, from participating in the thread. Notice how you, perhaps the only person in this forum who understands statistics beside me, didnt find the need to deny data without being able to explain any problems with or it nor did you resort to making things up.

For instance I could go into the Huntington forum and find a post about Huntington and just start arguing with everyone until it was shut down. Is that really fair? Let's not let a juvenile poster ruin a good discussion for everyone. We could be discussing why Charleston and Huntington are so bad when it comes to well being and how we could fix it.

So instead maybe we could prevent a few posters from posting in this thread after a warning if they keep spewing nonsense because they dont like the facts.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:37 AM

708 posts, read 1,157,137 times
Quote:
This thread had been dead for 2 months, 9 days til someone gerrymandered a comment, then that someone was showed actual facts, then that someone denied they were relevant facts, and that someone stated a opionated poll with a margin of error was actual facts, which was nonsense.

We lost our way here a long time ago, so keep this thread rolling, this keeps me laughing, non sensical bickering is what we do! Other forums on City-Data only wish they had it this good.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
denied them
hread had been dead for 2 months, 9 days til someone gerrymandered a comment, then that someone was showed actual facts, then that someone denied they were relevant facts, and that someone stated a opionated poll with a margin of error was actual facts, which was nonsense.

We lost our way here a long time ago, so keep this thread rolling, this keeps me laughing, non sensical bickering is what we do! Other forums on City-Data only wish they had it this good.
True. You were shown facts and you deny them despite not having any data of their own.

Anyway future WV residents need to know the truth. We must keep this thread going.

BTW how does one gerrymander a comment?

Last edited by cry_havoc; 06-28-2013 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 08:49 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Hahaha too funny. We know if this was Census data that it wouldn't be factual.
Don't forget that population and MSA data are also not factual since they don't favor Morgantown.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM

[quote=mensaguy;302340t forget that population and MSA data are also not factual since they don't favor Morgantown.[/QUOTE]

No, nobody said that.

The census is right for what it does, but it doesn't count real population. you can't deny that either. That is why census population doesn't equal actual population. using census data charleston and huntington are the fattest, unhappiest, and most depressed cities in WV. huntington is also the most poverty striken and has the worst teeth. For Charleston there is practically no difference between census population and real population. For Huntington there might be but you and everyone else who would make this argument would then be admitting I was right about the census all along and you would be throwing away all your earlier arguments.

You are now making a fallacy.

What is ironic is all these people who previously were arguing for the census are now arguing it. You all want to pick and choose what to believe in. You only believe the census and statistics when it shoes what you like and ignore it when it shows what you don't like. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
No, nobody said that.

The census is right for what it does, but it doesn't count real population. you can't deny that either. That is why census population doesn't equal actual population. using census data charleston and huntington are the fattest, unhappiest, and most depressed cities in WV. huntington is also the most poverty striken and has the worst teeth. For Charleston there is practically no difference between census population and real population. For Huntington there might be but you and everyone else who would make this argument would then be admitting I was right about the census all along and you would be throwing away all your earlier arguments.

You are now making a fallacy.

What is ironic is all these people who previously were arguing for the census are now arguing it. You all want to pick and choose what to believe in. You only believe the census and statistics when it shoes what you like and ignore it when it shows what you don't like. You can't have your cake and eat it.
Holy Crap! You area sooooo wrong I don't even know where to begin! It is true that you only accept data that agrees with what you say. Either that or you take data and skew it in your favor. Also if anyone is contradicting themselves by speaking for/against the census, it's because they are MOCKING you! Huntington is NOT the unhappiest city by far! Go to some real rust belt cities like Youngstown, Flint, or Buffalo. Huntington does NOT even come close. Huntington also doesnt have the worst teeth. That title goes to the rural areas of southern WV. Huntington was rated for having bad teeth care but I want you to keep in mind that most of the dentists around Huntington are from WVU. Why don't you just stick to talking about Morgantown because all you do is pollute the ears of those who read about Huntington-Charleston. Anything that you say about Hunt-Charl or anything not about WVU or Morgantown is a fabrication of disinformation and not welcome by those seeking unbiased truth. You actually make Morgantown look bad. I really hope that those reading this don't think that everyone in Morgantown is like you. There are some wonderful people up there otherwise.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
No, im not going to bother. Feel free to make that claim.

However, I do ask you make your own thread. This thread is about how Charleston and Huntington are the most unhappiest and depressed cities in the US.
Oh it is on topic. He is trying to tell you why Huntington and Charleston are NOT the unhappiest and unhealthiest cities.

Also, his poll is just as valid as Gallup's because Gallup conducts their polls in the EXACT same fashion. Random telephone calls.

You also mentioned earlier that someone needs to prove Gallup wrong. Exhibit A: Gallup predicted Romney to win the election. That didn't happen.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Holy Crap! You area sooooo wrong I don't even know where to begin! IHuntingtonon you'rehat you only accept data that agrees with what you say. Either that or you take data and skew it in your favor. Also if anyone is contradicting themselves by speaking for/against the census, it's because they are MOCKING you! Huntington is NOT the unhappiest city by far! Go to some real rust belt cities like Youngstown, Flint, or Buffalo. Huntington does NOT even come close. Huntington also doesnt have the worst teeth. That title goes to the rural areas of southern WV. Huntington was rated for having bad teeth care but I want you to keep in mind that most of the dentists around Huntington are from WVU. Why don't you just stick to talking about Morgantown because all you do is pollute the ears of those who read about Huntington-Charleston. Anything that you say about Hunt-Charl or anything not about WVU or Morgantown is a fabrication of disinformation and not welcome by those seeking unbiased truth. You actually make Morgantown look bad. I really hope that those reading this don't think that everyone in Morgantown is like you. There are some wonderful people up there otherwise.
Yes it is true and you can mock me for being right all you want. You are just mocking yourself. the joke is on you and every objective poster can see that.

Huntington is not the unhappiest city, Charleston is, it is the 2nd unhappiest city. If Gallup is wrong i invite you to show it. You took some statistics classes get back at me when you do this. Until you do this you are doing what t you are accusing me of; ignoring and skewing data. So not only are you wrong but you are being a hypocrite.

Huntington does have the worst teeth. I invite you to disprove that source.

Im dissapointed in you. Usually you are better than this. Your fallacies won't disprove this data.

Instead of ignoring and skewing data because you don't like the data and accepting data only when it shows something you want you need to be consistent. The truth is data is and statistics are biased toward me because I am right. My positions are all based off facts whereas many people use opinion and ignorant bias to form there views. That is why you all fail so much.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Yes it is true and you can mock me for being right all you want. You are just mocking yourself. the joke is on you and every objective poster can see that.

Huntington is not the unhappiest city, Charleston is, it is the 2nd unhappiest city. If Gallup is wrong i invite you to show it. You took some statistics classes get back at me when you do this. Until you do this you are doing what t you are accusing me of; ignoring and skewing data. So not only are you wrong but you are being a hypocrite.

Huntington does have the worst teeth. I invite you to disprove that source.

Im dissapointed in you. Usually you are better than this. Your fallacies won't disprove this data.

Instead of ignoring and skewing data because you don't like the data and accepting data only when it shows something you want you need to be consistent. The truth is data is and statistics are biased toward me because I am right. My positions are all based off facts whereas many people use opinion and ignorant bias to form there views. That is why you all fail so much.
You do realize that you just accused me of doing exactly what you do. That would make you the hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia