Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 07:37 AM

63 posts, read 295,262 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find out mainly about the elementary and middle schools in Fairmont. Are they good schools? I have researched them online and they seem to be ok as far as rankings but I was wondering about the teachers and kids in the schools. I know that some schools tend to be known for troublemakers and bullies. I have not read anything on this but was hoping to get some information on the message boards. Schools that seem to be in the district that we are looking to move into are Jayenne, East Dale, and White Hall. I also cannot figure out how the schools work. Some of the elementary schools only go up to the 4th grade. Where do these students go for 5th and 6th? Any information would be so helpful!

Thanks,
hatnic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 12:57 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,021 times
Live in Taylor County and use White Hall and then East Fairmont High School..that is the gamut for Marion County...that's what the smart people do...

Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM

I have only found one house zoned for white hall elementary. I am not sure where I have to move to get this school but I checked Taylor County and they all were in the Grafton school district which did not sound good to me. Is there something I should know about with Jayenne and East Dale elementary and West Fairmont high? I am not from the area but moving and I am checking out different areas such as Bridgeport and Fairmont. I like Bridgeport but I am limited on the homes to choose from where as I seem to have a better choice of homes in Fairmont. I want a nice house with somewhat of a yard but I also need to be in a good school district. Any advice is helpful since I am not from anywhere around WV.

Thanks,
hatnic

Old 10-20-2008, 05:48 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,021 times
Check out the Deerfield area of WhiteHall...anywhere around their golf course...

Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 AM

49 posts, read 92,903 times
Whitehall Elementary has a good reputation. My children attended the local Catholic school so I'm not much help, although I believe Jayenne Elementary has a good reputation as well. Both of my children attended Fairmont Senior High School (West Side) and I've been very pleased with the school and the education they received.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM

Where do the 5th and 6th grade go after attending the elementary school? I have looked up both Jayenne and White Hall and they only go up to the 4th grade.

Thanks,
hatnic

Old 10-20-2008, 10:20 AM

49 posts, read 92,903 times
Fairmont has a brand new middle school. My kids are older so I've never seen the building up and close but I hear it's nice. I believe it's called West Fairmont Middle School. The Catholic school is K-8. I highly recommend Fairmont Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia