Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 PM

8 posts, read 11,632 times

Advertisements

I've checked all of the local realtors serving these areas, from Chambers in the S. to Red Oak in the N. I've been down to the area about 6 times and looked at quite a few properties and homes. I still have not been able to find what I am looking for.

I love the area around Union, as well as the area around Frankford. I'd love to find a few acres I could turn with my plow. A garden is real important to me. Few things are as rewarding as growing your own food.

What I'm hoping to find is a landowner in this region who is willing to do a private sale, and save themselves the Realtor's commision. I'd like to buy around 2 to 5 acres, with or without a house, with some privacy. I've checked the real estate prices thoroughly, and should be able to be a cash buyer for either land or land/home.

I'd prefer a smaller house, ideally no bigger than 1400 sf. about 1000 sf would be ideal.

I'm mostly trying to stay out of Home Owners Associations and the like. I'm looking more for bottom land where I can have a garden, and maybe a few head of beef. If I find a lot, I plan on building a small stick built home around 1200 sf. , and construct a few outbuildings. i'd like to stay away from trailers and doublewides IF possible.

Any info on any properties for sale, not on the MLS would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia