U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy11208 View Post
hello,

I am looking for information about Weston West virginia. I have been told this is a good area to raise a family but my husband and I would probably have to commute.

We are going for a look see in early november and I'd like any info you guys can give me...what areas are most economical? anything at all really would be helpful...i have scoured the internet and cant seem to find much other than weather and recreational information.

many thanks

so have you looked into it anymore, I actually live in Weston, so i could tell you exactly what its like, its really not the worst city in the world, We do have a park, unfortunatly we also have a mental asylum, are city is known for a few things, are main street during christmas is always decorated with are blue snowflakes, The Wv state hospitol "old one, the tourist attraction", we are directly beside buckhannon which is known for the strawberry festible, we have all kinds of resturaunt like mcdonalds, hardee's, wendy's, LJS, we have a few bars, we have DSL "who hoo". I will tell you some of the citys around us are pretty sucky, orlando and walkersville, are like dead, noone there but a bunch of "wrong turn" people. clarksburg, is a living example of how noone here discriminates, in clarksburg we have lots of blacks, whites, latino, gay, lesbian, punk rockers, daycare moms, thugs, its a pretty colorful city, but we go there to shop alot, if they dont have it in clarksburg, you dont need it. well hope this helps, joe (jwkware)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 03:18 AM

7 posts, read 18,625 times
I am selling our house in Gilmer county. It has 1.35 acres.It is a remodeled DBWD,3 bd, 2 ba, Out of the floos zone$79,900.00 My number is 304-462-5472 or email [EMAIL="Mshook@rtol.net"]Mshook@rtol.net[/EMAIL]. Weston is about 45 minutes from us.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,126 times
I had moved to weston,Wv. 8 yrs ago this august from Michigan and i am very proud to say that the people here have excepted me as like i was a member of their families.Yes there are the normal ups and downs of living here,like most towns of the similar size the poeple for the most are very friendly always a wave or a hello even if you dont know them,the crime rate here versus the town i moved from is way low,i dont turn on my tv set and hear anymore about drive by shootings .The drug crimes are way low compaired to Michigan.I love it here and do not really miss my home town at all i can walk out of my house and see the stars at night and not street lights blinding me .We leave for the weekend and all the neighbors know we are gone they watch out for us as we do them.the shopping is accessible within minutes from Weston.I had a friend move his family here from Mich. and have had many other friends ask me to help them relocate here to Weston plus i recently moved my 15 yr old son here and he said he wouldnt move back to michigan if i paid him,lol.all in all this small town in central Wva. is a nice town to be in.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM

292 posts, read 690,588 times
jwkware- what in the world is/are "wrong turn" people? That's a new one on me.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM

1,958 posts, read 3,783,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebdms1970 View Post
I had moved to weston,Wv. 8 yrs ago this august from Michigan and i am very proud to say that the people here have excepted me as like i was a member of their families.Yes there are the normal ups and downs of living here,like most towns of the similar size the poeple for the most are very friendly always a wave or a hello even if you dont know them,the crime rate here versus the town i moved from is way low,i dont turn on my tv set and hear anymore about drive by shootings .The drug crimes are way low compaired to Michigan.I love it here and do not really miss my home town at all i can walk out of my house and see the stars at night and not street lights blinding me .We leave for the weekend and all the neighbors know we are gone they watch out for us as we do them.the shopping is accessible within minutes from Weston.I had a friend move his family here from Mich. and have had many other friends ask me to help them relocate here to Weston plus i recently moved my 15 yr old son here and he said he wouldnt move back to michigan if i paid him,lol.all in all this small town in central Wva. is a nice town to be in.
Excellent!!! Welcome to you and your family, and friends to Wild & Wonderful West Virginia!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybilly View Post
jwkware- what in the world is/are "wrong turn" people? That's a new one on me.
A movie a few years ago was made about a group of college kids getting lost in the backwoods of WV. They made a wrong turn.... and canablistic hillbillys pretty much chopped them up and ate them

Old 04-02-2008, 03:55 AM

4,715 posts, read 8,739,059 times
GHO: That last post made me think you might a Journalism Major....grades will be coming out soon...they will be a reward for your work...has it been dedicated to beer drinking or burning the 'midnite oil'...and forget about those job fairs in Maryland and Virginia...We need you right here...Help us save the 'Mountain State'...you want high pay? Get that Masters in School Administration...Randolph County has a job for you...forget about the flatlands...It's not the greener grass...Wv is.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:12 PM

Well Kennedy I'm actually wanting to go to grad school at the University of South Florida in Tampa. There are very few schools that offer a masters or doctorate in Urban & Regional planning. Which is what I'm wanting to specialize in. There aren't any in West Virginia, and only a few in the neighboring states. My parents have a house in Florida too, so that would make my tuition cheaper to go to school in Florida. ha ha My grades this semester should be just fine, I'm only concerned about my biology class, and my actual drink of poison is a stiff glass of vodka and cranberry juice ha ha. But I only drink or go out after I'm finished with my work or projects... generally

Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,444,708 times
Good luck with that field GHO, if I wasn't in finance that would be my next choice! I'm assuming you were a frequent player of SimCity growing up?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfronz View Post
Good luck with that field GHO, if I wasn't in finance that would be my next choice! I'm assuming you were a frequent player of SimCity growing up?
Ha ha Sim City, Sim City 2000, Sim City 3000, and Sim 4 and the expansion pack Rush Hour (which deals with transportation systems) ha ha yeah, I still in my free time love to play those games. I'm pretty bad a** on it too, I've built some huge cities without cheating. I just find it so fascinating, everything about micro managing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia