U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
 
4,010 posts, read 2,459,203 times
Reputation: 1174

Advertisements

Hopefully the middle four buildings have some nice landscaping and seating between them, it would create quite a bit of ambiance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2014, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
985 posts, read 1,659,136 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Hopefully the middle four buildings have some nice landscaping and seating between them, it would create quite a bit of ambiance!
I believe one of the articles did mention there would be "streetscapes" such as lighting, trees and landscaping intermingled between the buildings. Additionally, I'm certain each individual tenant will provide some of their own landscaping around their buildings as well. Hopefully there will be an entrance to the inside of the mall from that end. This will really help promote the "walking mall" atmosphere. Also, it would encourage growth in the mall, which is really what this project is aimed at at least attempting to accomplish.

It would be nice if the mall could become filled with a nice mix of mostly nationally known specialty shops and some local/family owned stores. Shoppers could then easily walk outside and have a variety of restaurants to choose from within walking distance for a post-shopping meal. When this project is complete and all of the pad sites are full, it would certainly be a letdown for people to enjoy the outdoor tenants and then enter the mall and find….well almost nothing. -mmccul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:08 AM
 
Location: 304
4,979 posts, read 6,535,031 times
Reputation: 1610
This is a good idea for the mall. I have always like malls that have outdoor amenities along with indoor amenities. There is a mall near me in Albany that has accomplished something similar to this, and it has turned out nicely. It still has an indoor mall with some stores, a movie theater, and a hotel. The outside has lots more including some good restaurants. The mall is by no means upscale, but has provided a goo setting for typical mall stores to thrive.

Clifton Park Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 07:44 AM
 
385 posts, read 1,685,055 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
I honestly hope Longhorn does not locate at this location for that exact reason. There are already other steakhouses within just a few miles that are very similar to Longhorn (Outback, Logan's). I'm hoping for more of a variety of foods then what we currently have. -mmccul

I can only hope a Bonefish Grill moves in to the area. Not likely, but still.... Even though there is one in Frederick 35 minutes away from me, I have often tried to sign up for their mailing list and since there are none in West Virginia, they never send me anything. I'm guessing because there are no Bonefish Grills in the state of WV... sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 AM
 
Location: EPWV
9,863 posts, read 5,777,142 times
Reputation: 11295
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
Not really. The Panera in Winchester is used for several things besides dining. People conduct meetings in there (i.e., organizations and clubs, etc.), university students meet there as study and discussion groups, and there are always tons of people in there working on laptops. When Borders Books closed a few years back, that left very few places in Winchester as far as the coffee-shop environment where people gather.
I sure miss that Border's
The top part looked like one could put in an area as a sun room or open air (summertime) with tables and chairs and a bit of nature. A palm tree and/or fountain maybe. Or, even as some kind of an observatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 AM
 
Location: EPWV
9,863 posts, read 5,777,142 times
Reputation: 11295
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
I honestly hope Longhorn does not locate at this location for that exact reason. There are already other steakhouses within just a few miles that are very similar to Longhorn (Outback, Logan's). I'm hoping for more of a variety of foods then what we currently have. -mmccul
My husband and I would like to see something like a BJ Brewpub (like they have in Frederick, MD) come to the Martinsburg or Ranson area. It would be nice to be able to spend more of our time and money in our own state (for a change).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 08:45 AM
 
Location: In the woods
3,314 posts, read 8,511,441 times
Reputation: 1506
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
My husband and I would like to see something like a BJ Brewpub (like they have in Frederick, MD) come to the Martinsburg or Ranson area. It would be nice to be able to spend more of our time and money in our own state (for a change).
I like this idea. We live in downtown Winchester and have three large brew pubs within walking distance to us (Brewbakers, Union Jacks, Piccadilly Brew Pub) as well as other establishments.

And I see this as a way of supporting local brewers. We had the recent "Hop Blossom" beer festival and there was alot of representation there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 09:16 AM
 
4,010 posts, read 2,459,203 times
Reputation: 1174
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Direction View Post
I can only hope a Bonefish Grill moves in to the area. Not likely, but still.... Even though there is one in Frederick 35 minutes away from me, I have often tried to sign up for their mailing list and since there are none in West Virginia, they never send me anything. I'm guessing because there are no Bonefish Grills in the state of WV... sigh.
Bonefish Grill is pretty high-end compared to places like Red Lobster, so they probably only go into high-income areas.

Bahama Breeze is another neat Darden restaurant that I'll probably never see in the region in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 09:30 AM
 
Location: In the woods
3,314 posts, read 8,511,441 times
Reputation: 1506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Bonefish Grill is pretty high-end compared to places like Red Lobster, so they probably only go into high-income areas.
I don't know about this. It seems like their locations are based on population-density and not merely a high-income area.
Quote:
Bahama Breeze is another neat Darden restaurant that I'll probably never see in the region in my lifetime.
I really like this place too. I thought the atmosphere was a little dorky at first but I really like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 10:09 AM
 
4,010 posts, read 2,459,203 times
Reputation: 1174
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
I don't know about this. It seems like their locations are based on population-density and not merely a high-income area. I really like this place too. I thought the atmosphere was a little dorky at first but I really like it.
They both certainly would be nice additions.

I live in Chambersburg, and I would like to see a Buffalo Wild Wings or Carabba's in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top