U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 02:28 PM

4,028 posts, read 2,559,178 times

Advertisements

I didn't see a thread about Martinsburg's upcoming Weis Plaza, so please excuse me if one already exists.

I created this thread for discussion pertaining to Martinsburg's upcoming Weis Plaza and Mountaineer Blvd. While the Weis Plaza is pretty standard fare for a neighborhood center, what may become of Mountaineer Blvd. is the most exciting! The four-lane boulevard will create a thoroughfare that will be surrounded by commercial development. That opens up many possibilities for retail, offices, restaurants, etc.

Here are the plans from a commercial real estate website (it's the best and most informative commercial real estate website I've used; no subscription is required):

http://www.cityfeet.com/cont/ForLeas...sburg-WV-25401

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 02:36 PM

539 posts, read 785,083 times
I find it ironic that with the numerous shopping plazas (and their vacant pads) clamoring for tenants in Martinsburg, they want to knock down more trees to build yet another shopping plaza.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
I find it ironic that with the numerous shopping plazas (and their vacant pads) clamoring for tenants in Martinsburg, they want to knock down more trees to build yet another shopping plaza.
Yeah, this plan seems to have a lot of pad lots on it. The Commons is short on pad lots, so maybe that's why they have so many of them on this plan.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:00 PM

12,238 posts, read 30,514,862 times
They are Ripping out Sears to make more in the Mall says people will shop there more LOL
But this was suppose to be at the light going Into the Commons... Why/ Where is Mountaineer Blvd at??

Old 06-09-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
They are Ripping out Sears to make more in the Mall says people will shop there more LOL
But this was suppose to be at the light going Into the Commons... Why/ Where is Mountaineer Blvd at??
Mountaineer Blvd. will be north of The Common's entrance. A smaller entrance, also depicted on the plan, will line up with the intersection currently leading into The Commons.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:04 AM

354 posts, read 385,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
+1

Although I'd replace ironic with stupid.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:00 PM

12,238 posts, read 30,514,862 times
Old Courthouse Square has LOTS of Empty Stores! Mall is 1/2 Empty! They shouldn't be building new until there is a Real Need

Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,715,151 times
A very impressive layout and site plan. My two largest concerns have nothing to do with the commercial end of the spectrum. The major national chain restaurant and retail companies like locating on new or upcoming properties. It may take a couple of years or more, but I believe they'll sell.

My concerns are obviously the amount of traffic that will be dumped onto Apple Harvest Drive (btw they should change that name, it's such a pleasant name for such a miserable, headache-provoking road ). Also, I believe Mountaineer Boulevard is (or will eventually) connect to Delmar Orchard Road. This is a great idea for reliving traffic from Apple Harvest, but at this point Delmar Orchard simply won't be able to handle it. They will need to look at some serious road-widening and resurfacing from The Gallery/Martinsburg Station area all the way to where it connects with Tuscarora Pike. Just my 2 cents. -mmccul

Old 06-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
A very impressive layout and site plan. My two largest concerns have nothing to do with the commercial end of the spectrum. The major national chain restaurant and retail companies like locating on new or upcoming properties. It may take a couple of years or more, but I believe they'll sell.

My concerns are obviously the amount of traffic that will be dumped onto Apple Harvest Drive (btw they should change that name, it's such a pleasant name for such a miserable, headache-provoking road ). Also, I believe Mountaineer Boulevard is (or will eventually) connect to Delmar Orchard Road. This is a great idea for reliving traffic from Apple Harvest, but at this point Delmar Orchard simply won't be able to handle it. They will need to look at some serious road-widening and resurfacing from The Gallery/Martinsburg Station area all the way to where it connects with Tuscarora Pike. Just my 2 cents. -mmccul
Do you know when construction will be starting?

In the 3rd quarter of this year, Chambersburg Square will get a Chick-Fil-A and two smaller strip plazas! Besides BJ's, commercial construction has been slow since the recession. Chick-Fil-A and BJ's is all I have to look forward to.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:37 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,715,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Do you know when construction will be starting?

In the 3rd quarter of this year, Chambersburg Square will get a Chick-Fil-A and two smaller strip plazas! Besides BJ's, commercial construction has been slow since the recession. Chick-Fil-A and BJ's is all I have to look forward to.
I do not know when it is starting. In fact, this is the first place I have actually seen a site plan. I just drove by the site this evening, they are going to have a LOT of trees to remove and ground to level…I wish them good luck! -mmccul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia