Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:13 PM

125 posts, read 158,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
That's the problem, in a nutshell. Posts like Chriscross's could be dismissed as simplistic and laughable, but unfortunately views like his are used against homosexuals -- religious folks like him can't simply live and let live. No, homosexuals must be "cured" (what an ignorant insult), marriage must only be between man & woman because that's what his Magic Guy says, etc.

Anyway, you're right, we're off topic, and I'm not going to argue about religion here any more, I'll just add (as a hetero married guy, if that matters) that I'm glad WV's ban on same-sex marriage is history. We just moved a slight notch up on the civilization scale.
I agree. To each their own.

The irony is many of these people are the very people who purport to be in favor of less intrusive government.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:31 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,980,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Great post

Marriage is a sacred practice for one man and one woman. The unfortunate thing is, our country has come to accommodate some peoples self struggles, when in fact we should be helping these people identify the need for change. Homosexuality is sin, period! With this same logic, we should accommodate drunkards, murderers, pedophiles, prostitution, and thieves. All sin is equal in the eyes of God, and therefore all should be treated equally. The good news is, God views all sin the same, and homosexuality is no greater sin than any other sin.

God loves everyone, but hates sin. He loves sinners, but hates the acts they do. Everyone has sinned, so we are all equal in that we all have struggles that need to be dealt with.

WV allowing this will ultimately cause our state to suffer even more.

I am not posting this to be a discouragement to anyone or to show hate. In fact, I hope to be an encouragement in that God can help and wants to help with any struggles you have. God has already forgiven us from our sins by the sacrifice Christ made on the cross. We don't even need to clean up our act before hand, he wants us just as we are. Just come to him and repent, confessing Christ as the savior from sin!

West Virginia struggles with sin because we ignored the creator, and so too has our country! We shouldn't be encouraging this, if its actually a struggle that people need help with. We could instead show love and favor to people who struggle with it by helping them identify the problem and then helping them over come it. Don't think for a second that this particular problem can't be fixed, because I know people personally who have overcome it and not are in relationships with females. Of course it was the work of God in their lives, and can only be his work in order to change!
I have no problem with you choosing your lifestyle to believe that "I" am sin. However, please don't pick parts of the bible to follow. No seafood, stone your kids when they disobey you, beat your wife, have a slave or two, have a wife or two, etc...

I have no problem with you expressing these views in your chosen church where you all can sit around in agreement about how afflicted the homosexuals are, I don't even care if you think them when you walk around in public. Just don't come here trying to preach, I don't want what you're selling. Fact of the matter is... West Virginia is now recognizing and performing gay marriages and it isn't going away. West Virginia isn't a state authorized under Christianity, its secular, under the secular government of the United States.

Secular - denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:35 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,980,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS1989 View Post
I agree. To each their own.

The irony is many of these people are the very people who purport to be in favor of less intrusive government.
The day churches start paying taxes is the day they have a right to voice their opinions and throw money at elections, and social policies of our state and federal governments. Separation of church and state

Old 10-16-2014, 10:38 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
The day churches start paying taxes is the day they have a right to voice their opinions and throw money at elections, and social policies of our state and federal governments. Separation of church and state
They aren't allowed to "throw money at elections". Many who indeed say they support "live and let live" truly don't. The church has as much right to speak on social policies as anyone.

We have a lot of intolerance in this thread.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:24 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,872,371 times
Quote:
With this same logic, we should accommodate drunkards, murderers, pedophiles, prostitution, and thieves. All sin is equal in the eyes of God, and therefore all should be treated equally. The good news is, God views all sin the same, and homosexuality is no greater sin than any other sin.
With your same logic, we should outlaw such things as divorce, lying, disrespecting your parents, eating shellfish, wearing blended fabrics, looking at your neighbor's car and saying "Hey, nice car. I want one too," and doing any work at all on Sunday.

Do you support outlawing all these things and more?

No? Then leave gay marriage alone too.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:27 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
With your same logic, we should outlaw such things as divorce, lying, disrespecting your parents, eating shellfish, wearing blended fabrics, looking at your neighbor's car and saying "Hey, nice car. I want one too," and doing any work at all on Sunday.

Do you support outlawing all these things and more?

No? Then leave gay marriage alone too.
Rather what he is arguing is that we shouldn't allow those that do that marry. We do. The government must treat all the same.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,709,737 times
We have separate religion forums for all your religion related posts - please post there if you don't have anything constructive to add to this topic, and only come here to say what God wants or whatnot. This a news thread, not a "fight over what you believe" thread, nor a "wage a crusade against the heathen" thread( or "wage a crusade against those who believe something you don't believe").
Keep calm, respectful and on topic.
Yac.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:36 PM

16,631 posts, read 15,583,585 times
As Yac said earlier, there is a forum here for Religious discussions. I'll add that there is also a forum for Politics and a forum for History (just in case anybody wants to have someone educate on the founding of the USA). Since you couldn't seem to follow the suggestion Yac posted, I'll just close the thread to keep the problem from escalating. If Yac wants to come back and start issuing infractions, so be it.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,709,737 times
12 deleted posts later.
I'm going to re-open this as I believe it is an important issue that should be discussed. Remember though that this is not the religious forum! And even thinking you are right and justified in posting what you post won't help you if you derail the thread.
Yac.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:21 AM

537 posts, read 956,753 times
I'm not trying to derail this thread, or even to talk about religion, or to be intolerant. But when someone else comes here and proselytizes, using their religion as a justification to demean gays and their marriages by our SECULAR government, that needs to be responded to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia