Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 07:17 AM

5 posts, read 24,236 times

Advertisements

My daughter and her husband are thinking about moving from Pittsburgh to Thomas, WV. I've told them they won't be able to find work to suit them since she's a teacher and he's an environmental planner, both college grads.

When I talk to them about it they get defensive. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 09:26 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,311,245 times
Give them a chance to live...what could happen in the worst case?...They might fail in something and return to momma with crying eyes. These kids will live to be over 100.
They will live in many places and have many jobs...This idea of demise began in Italy during the city-states...when every family warred against each other.
West Virginia is a safe place to live and Thomas is a great place period...It's just down the road from our mother city, Pittsburgh...When you visit...you will like it too...and then you will want a little summer bungalow nearby...and you will be hooked like all the others.
Remember one thing...they have winter in Thomas...real winter.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:29 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,234,817 times
As in 150 inches of snow, on average, per year. By comparison, Pittsburgh averages around 50.

Last week, when we got an inch or so around Pittsburgh, Canaan Valley Ski Resort sent me an email, trumpeting their 12" of new snow.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:56 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
this could give a better picture of where hot spots are...
WV Precipitation Maps (http://www.nrcc.cornell.edu/wv_maps/ - broken link)

excessive snow doesn't plague the whole state. By and large, the rule of thumb is the higher the elevation, the more likely you will have bigger snowfalls. One year I got caught off guard in colorado's rocky mtn national park when it snowed in august!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia