Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:27 PM

108 posts, read 305,625 times

Advertisements

You didn't say what line of work you're looking for but, if you want to stay in WV, then I'd suggest the Morgantown area. They haven't been hit real bad by the recession yet so jobs might be more plentiful there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 AM

352 posts, read 795,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
Geez, let me guess, you're looking for work as a Grammar teacher? Can't imagine why a person of your towering intellect is having trouble finding work. Perhaps it's not that you're black, perhaps it's because you're not qualified for anything beyond McDonalds? If that.

Hmm, "mixed race"... does that mean you do 26.2, but the spouse like the 8K?
You are building up quite the reputation for snide remarks Hinton...really un-funny and uncalled for!!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 AM

967 posts, read 2,990,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBurn View Post
You are building up quite the reputation for snide remarks Hinton...really un-funny and uncalled for!!
Thanks for noticing! I'm not going to let some ignorant fool make the case that she can't find work in WV because we're "racist, and living in the 60's". Her post shows that she blames her race, not herself for not finding a job. That is crap, and I'm calling her on it. The post could have been better written by a Third grader.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,649 times
hey jmacksgirl....im a 18 year old black guy, im thinking about atending WVU which is in morgan town and i was wondering if u can brutaly be honest and tell me how it is there. i do have offers from other schools but i really want atend WVU from what i have heard morgan town is not a divers town and there is alot of racism there and unfortunetly i havent been there yet, so i was wondering if you can tell me what you think.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,780,412 times
Quote:
Wow 450 a month that is GREAT!
I'm sitting in Fairmont right now. You're not going to find a decent house here to rent for that. My husband rents a 2 BR, 2 BA apt. in Fairmont, with a balcony, central air, electric fireplace, washer & dryer. Unfurnished. His rent is $745.00/month.

A house that rents for $450/month in Fairmont is going to be a rather delapidated house in a run-down area.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasben0 View Post
hey jmacksgirl....im a 18 year old black guy, im thinking about atending WVU which is in morgan town and i was wondering if u can brutaly be honest and tell me how it is there. i do have offers from other schools but i really want atend WVU from what i have heard morgan town is not a divers town and there is alot of racism there and unfortunetly i havent been there yet, so i was wondering if you can tell me what you think.
Spell check and online dictionaries are free. May want to give 'em a try. Honest enough?

Thanks for pointing out that WVU is in morgan town [sic]. Many on the WV forum were uncertain of that fact.

I doubt there is much for a diver to do in Morgantown. I wouldn't say it's a divers town, try Key West. Perhaps you meant diverse? You seem to have an uncanny mastery of written English, so you must have meant to put diver. My bad.

Another fine product of government run education.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:33 PM

300 posts, read 818,689 times
Quote:
I doubt there is much for a diver to do in Morgantown. I wouldn't say it's a divers town, try Key West.
Now now . . technically, they do have a river, so if he wanted to pursue scuba diving, there's opportunity. Personally though, if I saw a scuba diver in a West Virginia river, I'd probably think something swam up from the Mississippi that didn't belong! Snakefishhhh!

Old 06-17-2009, 06:27 PM

You know Red, there IS a dive shop in Beckley. I drive by it every time I go into town; Mountain Divers I think it's called.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:19 PM

300 posts, read 818,689 times
Quote:
You know Red, there IS a dive shop in Beckley. I drive by it every time I go into town; Mountain Divers I think it's called.
Good info, won't load the shotgun around Beckley rivers anymore, although, this will put a dent in my fishing ability. Did you know, there is actually a diving school in Morgantown, go figure. I stand corrected on this; it's a called a "giant snakehead fish". Snakefish was easier to scream at the time. Has that perfect resonance for a B movie, i.e., Mothhhmannn!!

Snakkefishhh!!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of fear about West Virginia and rabid inbred racist cannibals. Oh yeah, be afraid, be very afraid.

Last edited by red.ochre; 06-17-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-18-2009, 02:05 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,290,569 times
I see scuba diving training in the great pools at Arden...clean river water and perfect for that summer time outdoor class...

Racism??? At WVU, it seems to be contained in the Student Body and for some reason directed to those from New Jersey..Rutgers must be very expensive for those kids to be coming here...

Brutal? If you are looking for a 'White Momma to Pimp-Out and drive you around in her Camry...they are here...they are everywhere.

Booze, Sex and Dope...It's all here too...

Diverse? I've been cleaning the Dog Sh*t out of my sons rental...He's in the US Army and intended to rent it until he retires next year...He rented to Putrid-ricans first...they trashed the property...this last time, he rented it to some Cubans...they trashed it and stole the appliances...washer, dryer, gas range and fridge...and the light bulbs...they always take the lightbulbs.

They told him they did not have any pets, but the dog sh*t from those two pit bulls covered the carpet of the Master Bedroom...the entire house will be sprayed to kill the odor of their dog p*ss.
In a conversation this evening, (as he lives out of state)...I said, "Why don't you rent this property to some college students, you might get lucky and have somebody take care of it...it can't be any worse than what you've had."

Can you call me Racist and be justified...
Well, I'm sorry...I'm sorry for those dogs who must live with those humans!

Last edited by David Kennedy; 06-18-2009 at 02:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia