Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2016, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,403 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is Roxie. I am moving from upstate NY to Martinsburg WV. I have children and I'm curious about the schools. One would be attending Opequon Elementary (he has ADHD so I am very nervous) one would be attending eagle intermediate and one would be attending Martinsburg North Middle School. I am also wondering if you have local pools? We enjoy going to the lake how close is the nearest one? I am a nurse so I'm Aldo looking for places to apply for an LPN position. Amy informationwould be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 10:43 AM

112 posts, read 200,916 times
Berkeley County is one of the fastest growing areas in the state, so there are new schools and a growing student population. A big issue regarding our schools in Berkeley County relates to retaining quality teachers. Teachers are not paid well in our county. Most of our school facilities are pretty good with newly constructed additions and entirely newly constructed schools. Eagle intermediate school is a nice facility. North Middle School is older, but has a new addition. As far as public pools, we have War Memorial Park which has a very nice kiddie pool with all sorts of sprinklers, kiddie slides, and water falls. It also has a second pool where you can use the diving board or swim laps. We also have Lambert Pool on the other side of town that has a bigger water slide and diving boards. There's also Jay Dee's Fun Center in Inwood (privately owned) which has a small water park. There are no indoor, heated pools in our county, yet. For that, you have to travel over to Shepherdstown, W.Va. to use Shepherd University's Wellness Center pool or to the YMCA in Hagerstown, Md. For nursing jobs, there is the Berkeley Medical Center (Martinsburg), the Veteran's Affairs Hospital (Martinsburg), Winchester Medical Center (Winchester, Va.), and Meritus Medical Center (Hagerstown, Md.). Winchester and Hagerstown are about 20 miles away from Martinsburg. There are also numerous doctor's offices and assisted living facilities in our area that have LPN and RN positions available. You can check the various hospital's websites for vacancies as well as USAJOBS.gov for nursing vacancies at the VA hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia