U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 03:28 PM

3,864 posts, read 3,978,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I remembered I had this old thread.

I just drove through WV again coming back from Florida.
I actually stayed over night in Morgantown and thought it was really nice. Everyone was super friendly and generally happy. You guys have a good thing going on there.
Koolaid: M-town is THE v Best college town ever lived or been in. I lived in early 90s a couple of yrs while going post-bacc at WVU, & again late '96-2000 there, & my opinion is gold there. An older man told meback in '94 that WV, once in ur mind, will call ya back. Damn if he ain't right!

SO...no place better have I found then WV> Almost Heaven for those who can appreciate it To those that think its not an option, C'est la vie -- as who needs ya. WV sure don't that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM

9,567 posts, read 11,862,443 times
You are always welcome in Morgantown, and there is always something good to do here.

One small suggestion. Don't do the 5mph over the speed limit in Summersville or Fayetteville. You are fortunate if you went through that gauntlet there without getting an expensive ticket. Summersville has been known to issue tickets for 1mph over the limit. Set that cruise control for 1mph under the limit and use it clear to when you pass the higher speed limit signs outside the towns. It won't cost you much time to be safe.

Old Today, 04:58 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,747,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
You are always welcome in Morgantown, and there is always something good to do here.

One small suggestion. Don't do the 5mph over the speed limit in Summersville or Fayetteville. You are fortunate if you went through that gauntlet there without getting an expensive ticket. Summersville has been known to issue tickets for 1mph over the limit. Set that cruise control for 1mph under the limit and use it clear to when you pass the higher speed limit signs outside the towns. It won't cost you much time to be safe.
I will second that. I lived in Beckley for a couple years and frequently drove to the gorge and Summersville. I can't recall a time I went through on a weekend that I did not see a cop pulling someone over.

Old Today, 08:58 AM

9,567 posts, read 11,862,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
I will second that. I lived in Beckley for a couple years and frequently drove to the gorge and Summersville. I can't recall a time I went through on a weekend that I did not see a cop pulling someone over.
I've seen two at once getting tickets in Summersville. They have zero tolerance for even 1mph over the limit. Best to do a few mph under the limit. I think the police force might be the town's largest employer. Set that cruise control for 47mph in the 50 zone and let that Canadian speeding past you get the ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or