Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:43 PM

4 posts, read 9,938 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, are you looking anywhere in WV. Do you need to stay close to Jefferson County?
I could suggest a couple of nice builders around the Hampshire/Hardy County areas.
Christi

Last edited by Christi_in_WV; 05-07-2008 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: just added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 04:45 PM

8 posts, read 18,757 times
We haven't had a single problem with Richmond American Homes in Gerrardstown/Inwood. They even took out contract being contingent which hardly anyone is doing in this market. Also, there is something in our contract that lets us out if we want without losing our deposit, which was only 5,000. Unlike some other builders who are charging 5-20%. I am really happy so far with them and have done plenty of research on them and talked to others who have bought from them. I even went to the Builder 100 website and they are ranked very high!! I am glad we didn't go with Drees. We looked at the Villages at Washington Trail. You should come on out to Springdale Farm where we bought. I think you will like what you see.

Good Luck!

Old 05-15-2008, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,701 times
Default Thinking of relocating to WV

I love the mountain view also the affordability compared to where I currently reside. I am considering moving to WV to the Berkely cty area, with my main eyes set on Falling Waters, Hedgesville, or martinsburg. I am reading all the blogs and some makes me rethink my intended move. I have heard a few good and bad of Dan Ryan builders could anyone indicate their experience if any and how was it finally resolved? I found the builder among others in the new home guide books, upon visitng their site I liked what I saw are they reliable? I plan to spend a weekend out there soon to get a somewhat feel of the intended communities. I looked at Stonebrook homes in hedgesville, Prentiss point in martinsburg and Bentwood in Inwod. As a young first time intended buyer all the help and advice is needed.

Thanks also very new to the website.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:19 PM

25 posts, read 78,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne102 View Post
I love the mountain view also the affordability compared to where I currently reside. I am considering moving to WV to the Berkely cty area, with my main eyes set on Falling Waters, Hedgesville, or martinsburg. I am reading all the blogs and some makes me rethink my intended move. I have heard a few good and bad of Dan Ryan builders could anyone indicate their experience if any and how was it finally resolved? I found the builder among others in the new home guide books, upon visitng their site I liked what I saw are they reliable? I plan to spend a weekend out there soon to get a somewhat feel of the intended communities. I looked at Stonebrook homes in hedgesville, Prentiss point in martinsburg and Bentwood in Inwod. As a young first time intended buyer all the help and advice is needed.

Thanks also very new to the website.
Wayne -
We just signed a contract on a Ryan Home in the Archers Rock community in Hedgesville. We did our due diligence and when we pulled into Archers Rock, it just felt like home. Close to all the ammenties but still somewhat rural. Dan Ryan is the other builder in the community, however I would not trust his work. They have a reputation for low quality, no craftsmanship and have had some legal concerns. Look at Ryan in Archers Rock, they have some great deals right now and now is the time to buy. We will break ground on our house next week and have a tenative settlement date of 8/31. Build time is 85 days. I am familiar with the Ryan product and I am very comfortable with them right now. You also don't need to be concerned with them going belly up in today's market. Ryan (NVR) is the only builder that has still managed to make a profit in the down market and they seem to have a very good reputation.

Best of luck in your search....

Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 18,757 times
Also Wayne, since you are in the Inwood area at Bentwood, go a mile further West and check out our community which is Springdale Farm. We bought at Richmond American. If you do your homework on them, you will see they are better than any other builder right now. Check their stock portfolio. They are listed as MDC on the NYSE.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:49 PM

19,748 posts, read 22,654,259 times
A builders true stock isn't always listed on the big boards. As a matter of fact, the best homes in the panhandle are not built by track builders found on WS or NSDQ.

Jamie Yates, Skinner Bros. and a whole host of other craftsman work their charm in and around that area. Homes of impeccable quality, charm and always there when you need them.

Don't be so lulled into a track development. The best homes, and neighbors, are usually found elsewhere.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:37 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,378,315 times
We purchased a Dan Ryan home in Brookfield in Falling Waters. We are happy with it. We looked at most communities in the area and they were the only ones at the times building a decent size rancher. I know there are some great deals out there. Our development has 4 builders here and we have empty houses sitting that fell apart before settlement. Also, I know down off of Broad lane there is Amberfield and they are offering a free inground pool, not sure of the builder.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:11 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
We purchased a Dan Ryan home in Brookfield in Falling Waters. We are happy with it. We looked at most communities in the area and they were the only ones at the times building a decent size rancher. I know there are some great deals out there. Our development has 4 builders here and we have empty houses sitting that fell apart before settlement. Also, I know down off of Broad lane there is Amberfield and they are offering a free inground pool, not sure of the builder.
Free inground pool?? That's a really neat option!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,701 times
Thanks for the responses

Old 07-06-2008, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,760 times
Default Norborne Glebe nice neighborhood

We live in Norborne Glebe and it is a very nice, family friendly neighborhood. Arcadia builds a very solid, good home. Arcadia homes are stick built not panelized like a lot of the newer developments that are going up. The builder has started installing the amenitieis (tot lot, walking trails, sidewalks & street lighting are in, sheltered bus stop is in, etc.). Pool & bathhouse are to be built (last we were told is when the economy turns around) We saw & have heard recently in the news about the other builders in this area and we have been very pleased with our home...if we could only pick it up and move it to where we want to move to. Development is SLOW here so be careful about buying a new home...it may take you a year to get it built. Check out all the sales first we have many in our neighborhood at really low prices, including the builders models they are selling to build new ones. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia